Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: HoA Badge Install

Sup guys,

I decided to install some HoA C-Pillar badges that I got from Trevor. I'm really OCD about where it goes so I started researching OEM placement. I looked around and found some other sources but I wanted to consolidate the information into one thread. I also wanted to include how I removed the old adhesive since it seemed like a common question. Here goes.

Stuff needed:

-3M tape
    -Razor Blade
    -Isopropyl Alcohol
    -Napkins
    -Expo Marker
    -Straight Edge
    -Leveling Tool

Alrighty, so I started off by buying the most potent rubbing alcohol I could pick up.

Took the napkin, folded it over twice, and lightly soaked it with rubbing alcohol.

I then took the badge and began to rub the backside into the napkin. I did it
    until the adhesive looked comletely saturated.

Once the glue was nice and moist, I took a small razor and proceded scrape it off. (comes off really easily when wet)

You should be able to get almost all of the glue off in one pass. If it doesn't come off completely, rub the glue into the napkin again and keep on scraping.

*BE CAREFUL DON'T SCRATCH THE BADGE WITH THE RAZOR*

I was able to get all of it off with 2 passes. Super easy. If you're OCD like me and you need every last spec of old glue cleaned off, you can take the soaked napkin and spot clean the remaining sticky parts(rubs off easy).

BEFORE/AFTER

Got every last spec off

Now that I had a clean badge to work with, I was able to start to put the 3M on. The stuff I used comes in a roll and is 10 bucks at autozone.

Used the same razor, cut some pieces, and stuck them on. I tried to cover as much area as possible.

Alrighty, badge clean, new tape on, now we're ready to install the badge. This is where I did the most homework. I found another thread that had this picture. It was perfect.

The only speedbump I ran into, was that the measurements were in millimeters. Most of us are Americans and the closest thing we have to the Metric System is my tape measure in centimeters(maybe im just speaking for myself, lol).

For you math n00bs, take the measurement in millimeters, divide by 10, and you've got centimeters. (Psssst! Move the decimal over once to the left.) Magic.

I also found it kinda difficult to start taking measurements for best placement. What I did, was start with the vertical measurement. I made a small mark and then I measured and marked the horizontal length. I used a dry-erase marker because it wipes right off obviously.

It looked kinda off at first. It wasn't. I just took my straight edge and extended my markings. At this time, make sure your lines are level using a tool(I used my iPhone). You're going to want to have these perfect as you are going to use them as reference points for mounting.

*Quick tip: Make sure you line up the marking with the VERY EDGE of the badge*

After that, slap your badge on, stand back, and enjoy your work! Not for too long though, you still have to do the other side

Thanks for reading! Please let me know if I missed something! I hope this helps.

Gabe
    Last edited by High5er; 03-31-2014, 01:56 PM.
    Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
    The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Those are really nice.

Awesome-ness to attention to detail from start to proper measuring/placement, to end result.

RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by new_beginnings View Post
      Those are really nice.

Awesome-ness to attention to detail from start to proper measuring/placement, to end result.

Thank you sah!

I told you Im really OCD didn't I? Lol
      I was really hoping I didn't mess up the placement. haha

Check out my MRT!

The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Clean write up. I wish this was up when I was installing mine 4 years back. I wasted so much time, no one had a diagram about where it should go. My best bet was just to compare it to photos and get it even on both sides of the car.

Great job!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
          Clean write up. I wish this was up when I was installing mine 4 years back. I wasted so much time, no one had a diagram about where it should go. My best bet was just to compare it to photos and get it even on both sides of the car.

Great job!!!
          Ahh thanks man! It's good to know this thing was well translated!
          Sometimes my wording gets all messed up when I type lol
          But yeah thats why I made it. Didn't really see one solid write-up

Check out my MRT!

Comment

Great write up! So good I copied and pasted it in my bookmarks for when you know someone will ask about it again! I also am thinking of getting the badges but right now they are a bit too expensive at almost $50. Not a priority...and when it is, I know where to look to put them on correctly!

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
            New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
            My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
              Great write up! So good I copied and pasted it in my bookmarks for when you know someone will ask about it again! I also am thinking of getting the badges but right now they are a bit too expensive at almost $50. Not a priority...and when it is, I know where to look to put them on correctly!
              Thanks man! Glad I could help!

Check out my MRT!

Comment

Got some!!!! Thank you...Thank you Thank you!!! to the member who hooked me up!
                You know I'll use this perfect DIY! Oni CB7, you'll see the results when I come to your 805/818 meet.
                Here are some badges I have sanded and the HOA badges I just got today!

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Got some!!!! Thank you...Thank you Thank you!!! to the member who hooked me up!
                  You know I'll use this perfect DIY! Oni CB7, you'll see the results when I come to your 805/818 meet.
                  Here are some badges I have sanded and the HOA badges I just got today!
                  Nice! You should post up some pics of the finished product

Check out my MRT!

Comment

Originally posted by High5er View Post
                    Nice! You should post up some pics of the finished product
                    I will. I'm into bling on our cars, but it has to be genuine not aftermarket. I had 2 Aerodeck badges and one Accord Coupe..

I put one areo deck on wagon and put the others in a plastic bag in glove box..That wagon got stolen ..with them too.
                    Thinking of making 3 holes in the plastic door stills and putting the Accord carpet badges there like they have on metal ones. One of the 'H' will go on the Coupe. The other if someone wants it for $10-15.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Nice attention to detail!

Comment

I will. I'm into bling on our cars, but it has to be genuine not aftermarket. I had 2 Aerodeck badges and one Accord Coupe..

I put one areo deck on wagon and put the others in a plastic bag in glove box..That wagon got stolen ..with them too.
                        Thinking of making 3 holes in the plastic door stills and putting the Accord carpet badges there like they have on metal ones. One of the 'H' will go on the Coupe. The other if someone wants it for $10-15.
                        You know, ever since I saw the 92-93 grill emblem in the steering wheel, I've been dying to try it. It looked like it fit so well! I really like the badges in the sills though. I'm gonna try and retrofit the illuminated ones somehow from the newer models. Just gotta pick some up at payday! along with some other goodies haha

Check out my MRT!

Comment

Where do you BUY these emblems? These and the other classic Honda emblems. I see all kinds of people on here with them, but I can't find them anywhere.

Comment

Very nice write up. Thank you High5er.
                            1990 CB7 *RIP*

Current-91 EX and 92 EX

Comment

Working...
                            X