No gas April 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No gas April 15th

Saw this on facebook and thought I would share. I think this is stupid. Either way, the gas companies will make their money back the next day or the day before. I doubt gas will drop, if anything happens it will probably be raised to accommodate for the money loss.

This happens every so often. Everyone will say it's a good idea before the more educated people come in and point out what you did.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

i just read an article about it, i guess they did it last year too, and prices fell 20cents in just a few hours. !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysson_2012 View Post
        i just read an article about it, i guess they did it last year too, and prices fell 20cents in just a few hours. !!!
        bull shit.

This is a hoax that will accomplish nothing.
        My Car
        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

The US gets most of it's oil imported from 1. Canada 2. Mexico 3. Saudi Arabia 4. Nigeria 5. Venezuela

This whole thing you're trying to do will barely affect the Middle Eastern oil industries. (Mainly Saudi Arabia, which their importing to the US has been going downhill).

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

dont they do this every year?

Comment

what i want to know is, if canada has our own oil...why the fuck are our prices so god damn high???? gas should be cheap as hell for us...im tired of having to drive into bellingham WA to fill up for 140$ compared to filling up at home for 200+
              ..[CB7][STAR]..
              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

The only way to buy less gas is to use less gas.
                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

this again?.. really???

every time gas prices go up, this shit shows up.. it wont change a single thing and you are pretty gullible if you actually believe it..

Comment

Because most companies will take advantage of the crisis that is currently going on in the Middle East. They will raise the prices because of all the protests/revolutions going on.

Not trying to sound offensive or anything, but the Average American Joe will believe anything the media will tell them, which is why companies can take advantage of this and say, well if the oil production isn't going that well/prices are getting higher in the Middle East so they can raise their own prices to "compensate" with the prices from the Middle East.

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

lol.......Don't buy gas on the 15th, but if your running low make sure you buy it the day before or the day after..... therefore you will still be giving them money for their gas that is already in their underground tanks and accounted for.

Who puts out this lame ass crap.... someone from the gas companies?

If you want to make a difference try and get everyone not to buy gas for a week or two...... or cut back all together, but you can't stock pile it ether.... kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it!
                      Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-26-2012, 10:35 PM.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

it would make a lot of sense...

IF it said "Let's all ride bicycles to work for the whole month of April"

and then people actually did it.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                          it would make a lot of sense...

IF it said "Let's all ride bicycles to work for the whole month of April"

and then people actually did it.
                          THAT would have a massive effect. The kind this picture is hoping for.

I'd still feel like a badass when I pass everyone though
                          MRT
                          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                          Originally posted by Tippey764
                          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

The big companies won't feel it, and they'll just raise their prices the next day to recoup their losses. The little guys, the small single-station owners, will be seriously hurt by this.

If you want to protest, buy your gas from a small, independently owned station on that day... and every day thereafter. At least then, if you're not hurting the big guys, at least you'll be helping the little guy!

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
                              what i want to know is, if canada has our own oil...why the fuck are our prices so god damn high???? gas should be cheap as hell for us...im tired of having to drive into bellingham WA to fill up for 140$ compared to filling up at home for 200+
                              One word that the Canadian government loves. Taxes.

Originally posted by ThePhoenix82 View Post
                              Because most companies will take advantage of the crisis that is currently going on in the Middle East. They will raise the prices because of all the protests/revolutions going on.

Not trying to sound offensive or anything, but the Average American Joe will believe anything the media will tell them, which is why companies can take advantage of this and say, well if the oil production isn't going that well/prices are getting higher in the Middle East so they can raise their own prices to "compensate" with the prices from the Middle East.
                              Nonsense.

This won't affect anyone. Not even the little guys. Why? Everyone will buy gas eventually. Business will be slow for one day, but they make it back later. It is no different than being slow on Christmas or Thanksgiving.

Second, it is all about the MARKET, not the COMPANIES. I don't know why it is so hard to understand, but the market is bigger than the companies. There is no magical evil oil company that controls the world. There is a limited supply, and an unlimited demand, and thus prices go up. Add in instability related to the oil market with demand or supply, and prices fluctuate wildly. Small minded people like to think that there is some puppet master behind a curtain manipulating the world, because they can't deal with the fact that they don't matter, and in the grand scheme of the Cosmos are merely specs of sand in control of nothing.

But, I will make an interesting observation about the ruling party in the US, and then comparatively mention where prices are now (and will be in coming months) compared to where they were in 2008 when the other party was being blamed for everything. I use this as an example to show that the issue is bigger than any elected body or official...
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X