What kind of Laptop do you have???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
    I run a business that's mobile. A phone simply won't work for me.
    Yeah in that sort of situation they make sense, I do some computer related work on the side and having my laptop was nice to be able to take my projects with me and to a customer's home. Though I get along just fine with only a desktop now.
    Otherwise I build homes for a living so my phone is good enough for me

I also recently unsubscribed from Elder Scrolls Online. If they make it free and more balanced I may get back into it... I too hope they fix it.

RIP my last two CB7s.
    New rides:
    '82 Volvo 245 drift project
    '87 Volvo 244 daily
    Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

I had many laptops in my life, but all had a huge problem, battery life. Then I got my Macbook Air, and it is amazing. I spent half a day unplugged streaming netflix movies, and the battery wouldn't die.

Apple Macbook Air 13" late 2010 version. Hope to upgrade to a 2014 version soon, but I have yet to find a reason to.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFunk View Post
        Yeah in that sort of situation they make sense, I do some computer related work on the side and having my laptop was nice to be able to take my projects with me and to a customer's home. Though I get along just fine with only a desktop now.
        Otherwise I build homes for a living so my phone is good enough for me

I also recently unsubscribed from Elder Scrolls Online. If they make it free and more balanced I may get back into it... I too hope they fix it.
        I know, it sucks so bad! I loved Skyrim The Elder Scrolls on my 360. I played it for a couple years almost everyday! I was so disappointed this go around...

I would rather use my desktop primarily. On my laptop I'm limited in graphics by my screen. Not that graphics lack I just don't like having limits when it comes to some things.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
          I know, it sucks so bad! I loved Skyrim The Elder Scrolls on my 360. I played it for a couple years almost everyday! I was so disappointed this go around...
          I put thousands of hours into Skyrim as well, never gets old. Now that the ESO hype is over they can start working on Elder Scrolls 6.

RIP my last two CB7s.
          New rides:
          '82 Volvo 245 drift project
          '87 Volvo 244 daily
          Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

I've got an early 2011 15" MacBook Pro.

Upgraded to the 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7
            Upgraded 8GB 1333Mhz Ram
            Upgraded AMD Radeon HD 6750M at 1680 x 1050
            Upgraded 256GB OCZ Vertex III SSD @ 750Mbps read/write

That's about all you can upgrade on this thing. It was brilliantly quick in 2011 when I got it. Now I'm not so sure. Maybe OS X 10.10 will help.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
              13" Macbook. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB ram. Bought in August 2010. (brother works for Apple)
              Same but with 8 GB of Ram

I love my little Macbook - even after all of these years, it's still ridiculously fast and smooth.
              Last edited by verothacamaro; 08-12-2014, 10:13 AM. Reason: 8 GB instead of 4 GB
              14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by Scolirk View Post
                I've got an early 2011 15" MacBook Pro.

Upgraded to the 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7
                Upgraded 8GB 1333Mhz Ram
                Upgraded AMD Radeon HD 6750M at 1680 x 1050
                Upgraded 256GB OCZ Vertex III SSD @ 750Mbps read/write

That's about all you can upgrade on this thing. It was brilliantly quick in 2011 when I got it. Now I'm not so sure. Maybe OS X 10.10 will help.
                Open your terminal, type "purge" or "sudo purge"

This should free up a lot of your inactive memory and the system should be must more spritely.
                14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
                  Open your terminal, type "purge" or "sudo purge"

This should free up a lot of your inactive memory and the system should be must more spritely.
                  I think it's more the SDD slowing down and me needing to get a iMac for my wife. She's taken about 30GB of photos since we had our baby, and I'm down to a few gigs of free space left.

I'll try the command out, see if it helps! My main issue was streaming video through Beamer.app to my AppleTV. Turns out connecting the AppleTV through an ethernet port has made a huge difference.

Comment

Working...
                  X