No announcement yet.

+1 for the exercise of the 2nd Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stewie, just because you're an asshole doesn't mean I don't care about your safety an well being. WTF? I don't care if you feel sympathy for me or not. That's my reason for choosing to protect myself by any means necessary. Get your head out of your ass.

The responsibility is on us, Stewie, not you. I've been trying to explain to you why we choose to carry. At this point, I can safely say go pound salt. I don't care what you think or say because it's all the same mindless drivel.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by mr_naler View Post
      No offense, but do you understand the magnitude of what multiplying something by ten is? By what you are saying if our unemployment rat is at ~ 9%, that of Canada is ~ .9%. At the same time if the average hourly wage in America is $20/hr, in Canada it would be $200/hr. As for the health care and education system, I can't fathom how to quantify them with any assimilation to accuracy.
      This post pretty well sums up how knowledgable stewie has proven himself (herself? I don't know your gender, apologies) in this thread. Stewie, your views on the US are severely misguided.

As for the rest of my firearms enthusiasts, I suggest we let this one go. He won't figure it out, and he won't change his mind. Why not get back on topic, and discuss what the OP did right or wrong?
      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
      Disregard females, acquire currency
      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
        trolling? no...

freedom of speech...yes, last time i checked, freedom of speech and the ability to speak my voice is the greatest thing we have.

pandemic, do you expect me to feel sympathetic for what happened to you? cause honestly, i dont...as i wouldnt expect you to feel sorry for anything that happens to me now or in the future.

mr.naler, im all up for defending yourself sufficiently, but when you bring firearms into play, can you GURANTEE ME 100% that when you shoot, you will not miss and hit an innocent bystander...a kid..an old lady, a newley wed man...can you gurantee that??? can you gurantee that when you shoot, you dont hit him in a muscular spot, IE the neck, and the bullet goes through and hits a person 50ft behind him????

mr.naler, your opinion of this thread was to exercise your freedom of rights of the second amendment, well mine to to exercise my freedom of speech, dont like it? too damn bad..dont post shit on a public forum then...cause not everyone will see eye to eye with you.
        Doing it wrong- What you are doing. This was not a thread for the shit the spew from your mouth freely.

Doing it Right? Go start a thread about the freedom of speech, and spew all you want in there. Most people (if not all, but ya never know) will agree that freedom of speech is important, and good. However, the only one in here trying to talk about it is you. I wouldn't come into your thread about suspension (hypothetically speaking. I don't know if you have a suspension thread) and start asking where to buy carbon fiber body panels...

That's the exact direction you've taken this thread (metaphorically speaking)
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
          This post pretty well sums up how knowledgable stewie has proven himself (herself? I don't know your gender, apologies) in this thread. Stewie, your views on the US are severely misguided.

As for the rest of my firearms enthusiasts, I suggest we let this one go. He won't figure it out, and he won't change his mind. Why not get back on topic, and discuss what the OP did right or wrong?
          That is the first time I have come into such a situation. I feel that I handled it well, and was decently prepared to handle many situations that could have happen. Though, I am open to any criticism. Maybe someone has insight as to how I could have handled it better.
          _C'est La Vie, C'est La Mort_

Comment

Honestly, in my opinion, you did it as right as is possible. You didn't in any way acknowledge the weapons presence to him, you didn't (as you have stated) entertain any plan of using it, and by just keeping the altercation brief, you were able to get out of it without any physical exchange. He's a fucking retard. He picked a fight with someone without any prompting. You were still able to leave with your brother, go home to your family, and hell even tell us about it. With a nutjob starting shit with you, what more positive could have come from it?

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
              can you GURANTEE ME 100% that when you shoot, you will not miss and hit... a newley wed man...
              Why not? You'd be doing him a favor!

In all honesty, the point is to be aware of your weapon and what it is capable of. To be able to use that awareness, and the experience you have with the weapon, to operate it properly, at the proper times. The vehicles we drive every day are every bit as deadly as a gun, and maintained/modified/operated far less safely (I say this because such things are regularly discussed, and often supported, on this very forum.)

Owning a gun is a right that Americans have fought hard to keep. We have the RIGHT to arm ourselves... but we have the RESPONSIBILITY to understand how and when to use those weapons.

From mr_naler's statements on here, I feel that he understands both his weapon and his responsibility. He wasn't waving the gun around. He didn't draw it and point it at the guy. He didn't even intentionally draw attention to it. He simply carried it openly, in a holster on his hip, where he was legally allowed to carry it.
              I don't carry a gun because I'm not sure I'm willing to accept the responsibility... but I will defend someone else's right to do so. I only hope that they DO understand and accept that responsibility!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Why not? You'd be doing him a favor!

In all honesty, the point is to be aware of your weapon and what it is capable of. To be able to use that awareness, and the experience you have with the weapon, to operate it properly, at the proper times. The vehicles we drive every day are every bit as deadly as a gun, and maintained/modified/operated far less safely (I say this because such things are regularly discussed, and often supported, on this very forum.)

Owning a gun is a right that Americans have fought hard to keep. We have the RIGHT to arm ourselves... but we have the RESPONSIBILITY to understand how and when to use those weapons.

From mr_naler's statements on here, I feel that he understands both his weapon and his responsibility. He wasn't waving the gun around. He didn't draw it and point it at the guy. He didn't even intentionally draw attention to it. He simply carried it openly, in a holster on his hip, where he was legally allowed to carry it.
                I don't carry a gun because I'm not sure I'm willing to accept the responsibility... but I will defend someone else's right to do so. I only hope that they DO understand and accept that responsibility!

Very well put.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_naler View Post
                  That is the first time I have come into such a situation. I feel that I handled it well, and was decently prepared to handle many situations that could have happen. Though, I am open to any criticism. Maybe someone has insight as to how I could have handled it better.
                  The only thing I could suggest is run through mentally how things could have gone differently and what you would have done to address it. In a heavily populated area, I doubt there'd ever be a real need to use your weapon but you can even think about other situations. What if that happened in the parking lot. What if it happened in a bar or in an alley.

Think about what you would have done and how you can most effectively end the confrontation.
                  My Car
                  FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

The only time to use deadly force is when your life, or the life of someone else, is in imminent danger. Firing a gun at someone is deadly force, even if you're just intending to wound someone (and honestly, if you just want to wound someone, you shouldn't be firing a gun at them!) IMO, simply AIMING a gun at someone is deadly force (the law may see it this was as well.)

There's a difference between being armed and drawing your weapon.
                    I think the only way that could've been better would have been to walk back into the store and ask an employee to call the police. Continuing to your car without escalating the situation in any way yourself is a close second, but it doesn't remove you from the situation as quickly as possible.

Honestly, the existence of the gun wasn't really even an active factor in this situation. It was just something that these guys noticed that changed the direction of the encounter. The same thing would possibly have been accomplished by walking towards a very large, muscular friend, or a police officer.

Comment

and your view on a lot of things are misguided... want me to dig up some of your work of art?

firearm crime are high in america, i wonder why... and they are mostly focused on the poor urban areas (i'm talking about homicides but can also included crimes like robberies)

i don't care if you carry or not, that is your choice. i just feel bad for the people that feel the need to carry when stepping outside their house

anyone can argue i am wrong and that is fine, firearm crime figures are posted online from many sources

Comment

Many firearm crimes, especially in urban areas, ESPECIALLY in gang-related incidents, aren't committed by people carrying legal firearms. Granted, the same responsibilities apply to ANY firearm, legal or not... but still.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                          and your view on a lot of things are misguided... want me to dig up some of your work of art?

firearm crime are high in america, i wonder why... and they are mostly focused on the poor urban areas (i'm talking about homicides but can also included crimes like robberies)

i don't care if you carry or not, that is your choice. i just feel bad for the people that feel the need to carry when stepping outside their house

anyone can argue i am wrong and that is fine, firearm crime figures are posted online from many sources
                          Stay on topic, or send me a PM. No one wants to come into a thread with a title about the 2nd amendment and read about your problems with me. I'm sure we can all agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            Many firearm crimes, especially in urban areas, ESPECIALLY in gang-related incidents, aren't committed by people carrying legal firearms. Granted, the same responsibilities apply to ANY firearm, legal or not... but still.
                            I agree with what you are saying that a LOT of those incidents you hear about are not involving legal firearms, but at the same time, that says a lot about how we need to continue efforts to control who has guns and who doesn't. Now, as far as what HondaB18 said, I really don't think many people feel a "need" to carry a firearm, but it is a choice we make to offer more protection should it be needed. And I don't know a single person who carries that doesn't hope and pray they never need to use it, but they are all ready to should it be necessary. It's a very fine line, but I think (and hope) that most people see that line very clearly.

Comment

America - Fuck Yeah!

...adjust accordingly

Comment

I agree with what you are saying that a LOT of those incidents you hear about are not involving legal firearms, but at the same time, that says a lot about how we need to continue efforts to control who has guns and who doesn't. Now, as far as what HondaB18 said, I really don't think many people feel a "need" to carry a firearm, but it is a choice we make to offer more protection should it be needed. And I don't know a single person who carries that doesn't hope and pray they never need to use it, but they are all ready to should it be necessary. It's a very fine line, but I think (and hope) that most people see that line very clearly.
                                I think that the regulations in place are ample. Any more restriction will only inhibit those who wish to carry, and own them legally. The bottom line is that if you want a weapon of any kind, it is only a few sketchy people away. When I was 16 I found this out.

I personally don't know that I would say I feel a need to, but I do feel safer knowing that I am better suited to defend myself or my family.
                                _C'est La Vie, C'est La Mort_

Comment

Working...
                                X