Bisi takes the blue Wago to Jay Leno's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisi takes the blue Wago to Jay Leno's Garage

I can honestly say that I did not see this coming...

He has a very interesting personality. I love the car. Knowing that this video was released on Dec. 15th, it makes me wonder if he is still holding onto the Honda game a little bit.

For those on here who know him better, is he putting on this personality somewhat to make himself seem sophisticated, or is he always like that?

BTW, I think I just figured out how to cool my brakes!
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

This will be good!

popcorn by , on Flickr
    Last edited by Crankshaft; 12-21-2019, 03:34 AM.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Yeah, I saw that.

Jay Leno didn't seem that impressed if you watch his body language at times. It's a decent concept, and a lot of craftsmanship and ingenuity went into it, but I guess it's lacking something or things. It doesn't quite have the pizzazz as some other creations, but I do give Bisi credit for the attempt and execution.

I'm guessing a Lexus LS460, AWD, six speed manual, boosted, putting down 460+ hp/tq numbers with no turbo lag (or supercharged), running sub 12s in the quarter mile would seriously garner a lot more respect. I'm not hatin', just thinking of creatin'!
      Last edited by Straight Success; 12-21-2019, 12:06 PM.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

He went onto Fastest car with a "I will show you attitude" and got shown up by a guy who built his car in his house garage then immediately went on to making excuses to why he lost as if he didnt know what he was going in for.

He then went into Hyperdrive as a co-builder with another 1000hp car that did not do well at all and once again started making excuses as to why it didnt perform leaving me asking again; did they NOT know what they were going in for?

He lost credibility in the Honda community when he was found to be a salesman not "custom making" his headers to car specs although that is what the customer build sheet was supposed to be used for, instead they were getting a generic $1500 header NOT made by his company; worse part was that when welds started to break and people started to ask questions and demand assistance he went into defensive stating installer error in some cases went as far as stating that if people wanted better welds it would be another 1k.

Then we have the "custom forged pistons" for the F22 that ended up being 4G pistons reboxed and marked up.

I think he is a smart businessman as he chose a market with no support thus making him the only option for parts and the insight gave the CB7 community a dream which helped him become a name with a godlike reputation.

Comment

Ain't care. I still love his builds

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I laughed when he came in last place on that show. I’m running some of his products, but feel bad for people with his custom regrinds which found them to be stock specs and the shitty header design.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
              He went onto Fastest car with a "I will show you attitude" and got shown up by a guy who built his car in his house garage then immediately went on to making excuses to why he lost as if he didnt know what he was going in for.

He then went into Hyperdrive as a co-builder with another 1000hp car that did not do well at all and once again started making excuses as to why it didnt perform leaving me asking again; did they NOT know what they were going in for?

He lost credibility in the Honda community when he was found to be a salesman not "custom making" his headers to car specs although that is what the customer build sheet was supposed to be used for, instead they were getting a generic $1500 header NOT made by his company; worse part was that when welds started to break and people started to ask questions and demand assistance he went into defensive stating installer error in some cases went as far as stating that if people wanted better welds it would be another 1k.

Then we have the "custom forged pistons" for the F22 that ended up being 4G pistons reboxed and marked up.

I think he is a smart businessman as he chose a market with no support thus making him the only option for parts and the insight gave the CB7 community a dream which helped him become a name with a godlike reputation.
              Well said. I think I felt the same as Jay on this build. I may have liked it more if it was someone else presenting it.

Comment

I don't think there's been a single bisi build that he's been completely honest about. he really likes to inflate numbers and put on airs that his engineering is so much more advanced than anyone else's. His drag car was impressive, and I like his center-seat boxter, but everything else just seems a bit corporate and sema-car-ish rather than a good build

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Well, the car is clearly driving and working very well, and it's really not hard these days to get a K-series past 1,000hp. If Boosted Boiz can do it, Bisi probably can, too - the main difference between the two being Bisi's ability to experiment with new technology. Personally, I ignore all the PR crap and judge based on what I'm seeing. And what I'm seeing is an engine with more power, even in its current state, than I'd ever need or want on the street; AWD; killer looks; a gorgeous interior; and an unpopular chassis getting attention (and I'm all about oddball, lesser-loved cars). These things aren't rocket science, no matter how the builder tries to hype them up, but that's what any business person is going to do so use sense and make your own assessments. Then again, I'm also not the type to hold grudges. Was this thread started to talk about a car, or a person's history?

I've seen enough of Jay's content to notice his interest level seem to rise and fall throughout a lot of the cars he has on. I guess I just attributed it to his age. Despite the warehouses, he doesn't know everything about cars. I especially wouldn't expect him to be too well versed on how tuner cars are done up, compared to his usual pre-'80s interests.
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-22-2019, 04:40 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

You DID bring up his personality and questioned as to that is how he was; our comments tie into that aspect after all we are not talking about his personal life but business history and ethic. Then there is that whole you can forgive but not forget and if a business is built around........

Comment

? I'm not the OP.

*ED. - I guess he did ask that, scrolling back up, but, I don't know, it's just so annoying how this topic goes the same way every time Bisi is mentioned and you guys just don't seem to ever let shit die and move on.

"Oh look guys, even despite all his success and money, Bisi is still messing around with lowly Hondas. Look at this brilliant little build he's working on. He talks like he's really enthusiastic about it, too."

"Yeah, fuck that guy. *rabble, rabble, several years ago...*"
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-22-2019, 05:56 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

So lets do this Cyborg, i will personally let you decide from what point in the timeline we can talk about him. If the question was about opinions and i presented facts why does it bother you?

Comment

Uh oh...
                          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

The Porsche was/is impressive.
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

All I can say is once a thief always a thief. Sure he can build impressive things but when you take advantage of a community that you know is starving for some attention and exploit it. That’s a no no. I don’t care how long time goes by he burned some honest working people for his own pleasure and didn’t bother to try and fix his wrong doings.
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                              X