Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stock alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, it wasn’t that was just a generalization of the systems of most people in my area and my friends areas.

Comment

i see man!

but gas prices are cheap way cheaper now!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
        i see man!

I SAW 1.99 TODAY I WAS SO HAPPY

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by d112crzy
        I quit jobs as much as I swap engines.

Comment

stock alternator= 80 amp at least that what autozone says!!

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
            i see man!

True, I might consider putting the real BUMP back in my system.

As for the other post about the alternator's sucking. Yes they do. I bought my car in 2000, it had the original 10 year old alternator. I had 1 Fosgate 125.2 (50 amp draw, 500watts RMS no overrated bullshit CLASS A/B amp) and 2 Fosgate 12" XLCs in a huooge ported 6cu foot box.

I was banging at a stoplight aka at IDLE SPEED, and no shit, the alternator caught on fire. I was about 2 min from my house and rushed it home, started freaking out b/c my engine was going up in smoke. Grabbed the first thing I could think of for an electrical fire, FLOUR, yep FLOUR. Threw it all over the alternator and thankfully it put it out. It was a bitch getting all that FLOUR of of the engine bay but at least it saved my cb7.

Grabbed an alternator from a junkyard, took it to the local alternator man. Had him rewind it to 120amps, he stated that was as much as he could do due to it being a "small cased alternator". It produced 76amps at idle, 124amps at 2,000rpms. Haven't had a problem since but I do take it easy on my car. I don't turn it up as loud as it can go at stoplights, just being nice to my cb7
            90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
            DIY ram intake
            0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
            stock alt rewound to 120amps
            optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
            fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
            2004 Jeep Liberty v6
            2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

DO they make higher amp alternators for cb7's? Maybe Ill shoot bisimoto a request.Because my shit sucks, at an idle my windows roll up super slow, and when i turn my headlights on all of my interior lights dim way down
              Can I get a Hell Yeah!!!

Comment

yes there is a 220 one that is made ... u wouldnt go to the normal autozone or advance for this kinda thing. iraggi builds some stinger along with a few other places. but yes there are HO alts out there higher then 120.
                Members Ride sold...
                I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

i just called my most local alternator shop and they said they can only beef up my alt 20 more amps. not enough so i found these:
                  160 amp for $170
                  170 amp for $180
                  Do they look legit and are they worth it? they both say direct drop in and 1 year warranty.

Comment

Shitz look legit to me.

ホンダ アコード・ワゴン CE1
                    My eBay Items
                    Traveling? BOOK HERE!!

Comment

alterstart is good to go

He builds good alternators. He will recommend you upgrade the battery to alternator to 4gauge fused.
                      DIY ram intake
                      0gauge/4gauge BIG 3

Other rides:
                      2004 Jeep Liberty v6

Comment

well i already added a 4 gauge wire. but its not fused . i just had the wire laying around and slapped it in. do i really need a fuse?

Comment

my battery is garbage. I got two kicker comps and i can t blast them when the car is off for no more than three minutes or so, car wont start! Comps are not that powerful!

Comment

Originally posted by ali954 View Post
                            well i already added a 4 gauge wire. but its not fused . i just had the wire laying around and slapped it in. do i really need a fuse?
                            yes because if your wire just magically happen to ground itself to chassis, then you can say buy to your cb7.
                            Originally posted by PENGUIN View Post
                            my battery is garbage. I got two kicker comps and i can t blast them when the car is off for no more than three minutes or so, car wont start! Comps are not that powerful!
                            What does that have to do with the alternator?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by ali954 View Post
                              Yes it needs to be fused. If it somehow gets hot and melts or gets disconnected and grounds itself....you are screwed. Battery wil likely blow and probably car will go up in smoke. Its $10-15 for a fuse holder, don't be a cheap ass.
                              DIY ram intake
                              0gauge/4gauge BIG 3

Other rides:
                              2004 Jeep Liberty v6

Comment

ill hit up autozone later and see if they have it.

Comment

Working...
                                X