CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Performance Tech > Forced Induction

Old 01-06-2019, 09:22 PM   #21
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaccord View Post
I have never worked with v-bands but from what I have read they are great, and hassle free.

I had the flanges on the manifold, down pipe and dump tube all milled before they were ceramic coated and I have not had any real problems, but I always used the turbonetics gaskets for the waste gate. The Tial gaskets are well known to blow out and disintegrate.
This is actually my first time going v-band as well. I never had an issue with my tail gaskets but I only had my previous motors last 6-9 months. Hoping I get many years out of this one.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:16 PM   #22
bjaccord
CB7tuner Member

bjaccord is cool... so far.
Today I got my $12.00 crank pulley tool in the mail and after a little fighting got the crank pulley bolt out. Still waiting for a special order cometic head gasket to arrive. I will probably remove the head from the h23a3 this weekend and check it out. I don't plan on using it though, as my h23a1 head is improved (ported, polished, o/s valves, crower springs/retainers, etc). Some internet sites say the EDM h23 has larger valves than the usdm version, I will measure to see if true.

I have been so excited lately about the car though, I can't wait to turn the key and fire it up!

Last edited by bjaccord; 01-20-2019 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Confirmed valve train components.
bjaccord is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: