Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-13-2019, 12:12 AM   #261
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

NH-503P-3 is cool... so far.
Quote:
What car did you snag the motors from?
Mercedes R350 Then they were both modified a bit to be more compact.

~Mark~

Last edited by NH-503P-3; 03-13-2019 at 03:21 PM.
NH-503P-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:19 PM   #262
'93CB7Ex
Gold Member

'93CB7Ex seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to '93CB7Ex
thought about doing this but using the older expedition motors lol.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:03 PM   #263
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
thought about doing this but using the older expedition motors lol.
The motors for the Expedition are actually pretty large. I definitely checked them. Seeing the Expeditions power vent windows in action while I was in traffic on the freeway was what gave me the idea in the first place lol. You need a pretty small compact motor. I had to cut into the cars metal just to get the r350 motors in and sitting under the rear pilar panel. They came out awesome though. I have everything working perfectly. If you could only see a video, I would post it.

~Mark~

Last edited by NH-503P-3; 04-01-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:29 AM   #264
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Here is a shot of the r350 motor hidden under the panel. This one was close to being done when I took this pic. The motors were painted black also to hide them better.

The double moonroof switches are all in and work the way they should. On the left is the CL switch for control of the now venting moonroof. The right is the standard moonroof switch. In this case Iím using a CD switch button in the CB housing. The CD Accord housing is rounded across its face where the CB is flat to match where it goes into the bezel. This right side switch I am using for the power vents.

Today I finally dove my car. The venting moonroof is fantastic. The power vent side windows were working perfectly. The drive was really nice to say the least.
Anyways I went down to meet a guy and picked up two goodies Iíve been wanting. An OG hood bra in pretty good shape. I cleaned it up and re-did the white on the letters. I love these hood bras. The two ears sticking up while youíre driving is very cool. Iím totally stoked to finally get one.

The other goody is the rare ďAccord CoupeĒ badge. Here it is installed.

I also got the rubber side filler pieces for my one piece headlights. Mine did not come with them when I bought the headlights. Glad I got em now. Iíll get them installed soon also. Hereís another shot of the front. This look is killer.

~Mark~
Old 04-01-2019, 11:33 AM   #265
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Did you look at the M3 motors for that quarter window project, to see how they fit? When people were talking about that mod years back, I think it was the E46 that came up. Anyway, cool to see it done. You should set up a YouTube account and post up a video!

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:37 PM   #266
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Ya, loving the look of this front end now and you just convinced me I need the same bra. I always had the "knock off" style that was not OEM. It was cheap and flapped around in the wind and sucked. My headlights too were missing the rubber and I had to make my own.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:49 PM   #267
'93CB7Ex
Gold Member

well thats good to know. i didnt even think about the size of them. looks good.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:37 PM   #268
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Did you look at the M3 motors for that quarter window project, to see how they fit? When people were talking about that mod years back, I think it was the E46 that came up. Anyway, cool to see it done. You should set up a YouTube account and post up a video!
The E46 have a type that comes out from the corner of the seat. If the hole in the window was down in the corner more they might have been a candidate. But nothing lines up to work or hide them also. The E36, now thatís a great setup. Thatís where I got the idea to look for a flexible rotating internal rod system. Thatís what the r350 Mercedes has. The unfortunate thing about the E36 vent motors is the option itself is very rare. Really only offered in European models I think. And a company that offered the E36 conversion back in the days is gone now too. Those kits are now big $$$. So that option was off the table also.

John, like I said. I love the hood bra. I couldnít wait any longer to get It. It cost me $80 and was totally worth it. It just puts that perfect, icing on the cake, touch on the front my car. Those bras look good on any color CB also.

~Mark~
Old 04-13-2019, 07:40 PM   #269
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Iíve been working on moving my battery to the trunk. Here it is all set up in the battery box. I added an on/off switch and a 150amp fuse to the box.

Since the battery is heavy and set further into the trunk I decided to sink it down in the wagon trunk plastic piece. That way it is easier to remove and replace when needed.

Until I can get back from Utah. She will have to wait for the full battery move. Till then she rests in my companyís shop. Hopefully a spider doesnít crawl into my roof lol, I left the vent open.

~Mark~
Old 04-13-2019, 08:05 PM   #270
'93CB7Ex
Gold Member

should double as a hold down also. good thinking. mine is just strapped down in the trunk.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:16 PM   #271
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

I’ve got that little strap for the lid. I think I’ll run the strap through the small screw down handles, that come with the strap kit, mount them to the wagon trunk plastic and that should hold everything in better as well.

~Mark~
Old 04-14-2019, 09:53 AM   #272
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
...I left the vent open.
Showoff.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:09 AM   #273
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

So I got a chance in the last couple weeks to put together some custom lenses for my pfm’s. I removed the Acura TL heated lenses I had in before and built in some sequential turn arrows. On top is a pair of Genuine Spoon Sports blue mirror lenses. They are sold as Civic EK & DC Integra lenses but they work for CB Accords as well. They are supposedly a wide angle type of lens also. They are definitely sick.

Instructions aren’t much help unless you know Japanese.

Here’s one laid in the backing surround.

The backing surround with the sequential arrows built in.

I used the heated lens wiring that I had already installed and pinned into my mirror housings. They use two bullet connectors.

Lens put on and finished up. I used some butyl tape to stick the lens down.

Drivers side installed on the car. Notice the yellow “Spoon Sports” writing on this side vs. the blue writing in the passenger side.

Passenger side. The lenses aren’t cheap but the look is so nice.

I’ll test the sequential arrows tomorrow. I didn’t know this until I did a bench test but they don’t show well in the day time. The Spoon lenses just aren’t made for leds behind them. They should show way better at night though. We’ll see....

Stay tuned.

~Mark~
Old 05-03-2019, 07:29 PM   #274
'93CB7Ex
Gold Member

siiiick
Old 05-05-2019, 12:00 AM   #275
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9BLA68n1Eo

Cool to see it all together

Gotta say I'm with you on the G-Square grille. I don't get the appeal; they look like a lazy retrofit job when installed, with the way they stick out and overlap. I'd just modify the OEM grille (as on my old sedan in my sig), or get the mesh "Type R style" one off eBay.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!

Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-05-2019 at 12:07 AM.
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:35 AM   #276
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Pretty awesome coverage you got there Mark. Like cyborg stated, nice to see all your mods come together and work.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:20 PM   #277
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Lol thanks gentlemen. That happened like a half hour after I pulled up. There was less that 10 CB Accords at the show. Out of about 800 Honda cars. The new NSX was there. Talk about a sick super car.
So I guess my new car designation is the SR for ďsuper rareĒ. Though I would more humbly classify my car as unique and not rare.

~Mark~
Old 05-05-2019, 06:45 PM   #278
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

This is the grill I want to build. Or something similar. A 92-93 grill with the 90-91 H in the center and that old school small mesh behind it. That small mesh isnít cheap either.

In other news: ITS OFFICIALLY ON!!
Just got this today. Itís beautiful and has its pigtails. Iím going digital folks.

~Mark~
Old 05-06-2019, 03:40 AM   #279
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Ya.. JDM digital climate control with pigtails in that condition is impossible to find these days. Even the japan wagon I imported didn't have one in that condition.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #280
Corweena
CB7tuner Member

Corweena is cool... so far.
Love the progress. The rear pop out of the CB coupe windows are the one thing I'm genuinely jealous of being a die hard 5th Gen coupe guy. Pretty awesome you figured out how to motorize them properly.

Also, digital climate control. That's a goal for me on my CD7 too. I luckily found the one guy who successfully did the CL digital swap on his CD and had it fully functioning, and even made a detailed write up. That's the next big step after my motor swap. Luckily for me stuff decently available at the yards.

Can't wait to see what's next!
Corweena is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: