Why i got no oil cooler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why i got no oil cooler?

I got a 92 ex coupe. Original f22a6 motor in it. I have no oil cooler. I thought i was suppose to have one. Did it only come with the 93 model? Or am i missing something. There is a hose of some kind that runs right above the oil filter but i see no coolant lines connecting to an oil cooler down there. Kind of hard to know for sure as it is a tight fit for my fat ass down there. Did they just come on auto trannies?
    Last edited by zedjr10; 09-28-2017, 06:11 PM.

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
    I got a 92 ex coupe. Original f22a6 motor in it. I have no oil cooler. I thought i was suppose to have one. Did it only come with the 93 model? Or am i missing something. There is a hose of some kind that runs right above the oil filter but i see no coolant lines connecting to an oil cooler down there. Kind of hard to know for sure as it is a tight fit for my fat ass down there. Did they just come on auto trannies?
    is the filter screwed directly onto the block or does it screw to a donut shaped piece that has that hose coming out of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
      is the filter screwed directly onto the block or does it screw to a donut shaped piece that has that hose coming out of it?
      There is no hose coming out of it. I checked. That year(92) f22a6 engine only Autos had oil cooler and hatch with M/T.

Comment

Only the engines with automatic transmissions had the oil cooler. I left it on the A6 I put in my 90 LX (with 5 speed); it came from a 93 EX wagon with automatic (still have the trans). I figured it couldn't hurt.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
        X