Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turn signal 📶 lights for body kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn signal 📶 lights for body kit

I have searched everywhere for turn signal 📶 lights for my octane bumper kit for my 1991 Honda Accord. Does anyone know where I can find them. The company I brought the kit from told me that they don't sell the accessories such as lights. NEED HELP..

You can use bullet light for trailers and semi trucks.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Can you post a pic of the body kit? I looked online and the pics for the Octane kit don't show any additional lights on them. You can add lights to any bumper or fender but that's up to you.

Last edited by Tishock; 11-05-2015, 07:12 PM.

Comment

after market body kits usually dont have a place for the OEM turn signals and generally dont have a bolt in style for aftermarket body kits... Any turn signals you would want on the bumper would have to be fabricated...

Comment

@Tishock: The picture that you have posted is my bumper. Yes the picture doesn't show lights but on 91 honda the turn signals are in the bumper. Kinda sucks, so right now i have no turn signals at all which is kind of unsafe. do you have any suggestions of what i should do?
          Last edited by Honda.Girl.1993; 11-08-2015, 09:59 PM.

Comment

The corners have a turn signal as well. Like I suggested, look at trailer lights, truck lights or led strips to replace the bumper turn signals. You have to get creative.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
            JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

You should have turn signals in your corner lights.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

you could mount your original turn signals into the side openings on the new bumper. or find lights from a different car in the junkyard. or you could get slim LED strips from ebay.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  you could mount your original turn signals into the side openings on the new bumper. or find lights from a different car in the junkyard. or you could get slim LED strips from ebay.
                  cp[Mike] :How would i go about doing that? is there a thread or instrructions on how to?

Comment

Originally posted by Honda.Girl.1993 View Post
                    cp[Mike] :How would i go about doing that? is there a thread or instrructions on how to?
                    nope, you'd be pretty much on your own. If you end up getting other lights, sometimes aftermarket ones come with mounting brackets? Otherwise you will need to fabricate your own way of mounting them up there, maybe you can use L-brackets and stuff from the hardware store? You can use pretty much any light that is 12 volts. Auto parts stores have a lot of random sizes for the sides of trailers and stuff. Then you just tap the 2 new wires into the existing 2 wires for the original blinker. If it doesnt light up, swap the wires around.

If you search google for "Amber LED turn signal universal" you end up getting a lot of options like the LED bars that you see on the Porsche below.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-09-2015, 12:25 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                      nope, you'd be pretty much on your own. If you end up getting other lights, sometimes aftermarket ones come with mounting brackets? Otherwise you will need to fabricate your own way of mounting them up there, maybe you can use L-brackets and stuff from the hardware store? You can use pretty much any light that is 12 volts. Auto parts stores have a lot of random sizes for the sides of trailers and stuff. Then you just tap the 2 new wires into the existing 2 wires for the original blinker. If it doesnt light up, swap the wires around.

If you search google for "Amber LED turn signal universal" you end up getting a lot of options like the LED bars that you see on the Porsche below.

thank you

Comment

91 honda accord corner lights are not turn signal ��

Comment

91 honda accord corner lights are not turn signal ��
                          That's not true at all.

The corner lights have two bulbs in them. One is turned on with the lights and the other is a turn signal. The light in the bumper also acts as a turn signal.

Why would you think that the corner lights are not turn signals???

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                            That's not true at all.

The corner lights have two bulbs in them. One is turned on with the lights and the other is a turn signal. The light in the bumper also acts as a turn signal.

Why would you think that the corner lights are not turn signals???
                            Because I don't have two bulbs in my corner lights and when I turn ny turn signal📶 lights on the don't blink

Comment

Because I don't have two bulbs in my corner lights and when I turn ny turn signal📶 lights on the don't blink
                              You should probably fix that. The corner lights ARE turn signals. If you have properly installed all of the bulbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X