Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo...help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo...help!

Whats up people,

So i am rebuilding my Garret T40e 60Trim Turbo(part number on turbo 466159-5004)

And i need to change the cold compressor wheel, anyone have any idea if im on the right track?

This is what i have found so far.

(My turbo)https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...E1HM01LMHJuRjg / https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...lRWbkg0ekJocWM

(Possible replacements?)https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%...DUPFnf1fVTBJxg
    Last edited by tutsuo; 09-23-2017, 07:10 PM.
    Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
    Originally posted by deevergote
    den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

60 trim, but t28. I don't know enough about turbo to know for sure, but that may not work. If you don't know enough about what you have, get something that it will work with exactly what you've got. Someone with actual turbo experience will certainly be able to help more, but just in case nobody has a better answer for you, stick to things that say exactly what you have... or contact Garrett directly.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      60 trim, but t28. I don't know enough about turbo to know for sure, but that may not work. If you don't know enough about what you have, get something that it will work with exactly what you've got. Someone with actual turbo experience will certainly be able to help more, but just in case nobody has a better answer for you, stick to things that say exactly what you have... or contact Garrett directly.
      I sent an e-mail to Garrett about a week or two ago. Sadly no response, googling this turbo doesn't yield any answers for the correct compressor fan. I'm not sure what to do.
      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
      den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

So this is your turbo. Seems to be a type of turbo made Garrett, the T-type. But your turbo is a off brand they did with Honeywell. Still good, just seems to be really hard to find parts for or find on the internet period. I'm guessing that co-op Garrett/Honeywell didn't last long and thus this random brand. But no worries, same parts. You could get them from Garrett, APT, etc.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...de=GRT-TBO-034

You're not the only one looking for parts for this, i seen posts on honda-tech, etc.

Comment

I don't have anything to add here except that Honeywell is the parent company of Garrett and has been for a good long while. I'm sure there is a phone number you can call and find parts, typically Garrett turbos use a family of frames or center housing rotating assemblies (CHRA's) and the housings are then produced to fit different applications. Within the family of CHRA's you'll have different compressor and turbine wheels available that will be tailored to suit specific needs but these are often of the same profile at least as other compressor or turbine wheels and thus, are interchangeable.

TL;DR, what you need is out there, you can spend hours googling about certain turbos and never find the information you need, but if you dig hard enough you'll find a phone number that will at least allow you to get forwarded to the right department where some old dude sits with dusty books in front of him and he will find you what you need and maybe even sell it to you on the spot.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
          X