Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would you say my CR-Z is worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much would you say my CR-Z is worth?

2015 Honda CR-Z EX
    6 speed manual transmission
    8,500 miles
    Fog lights, trunk mat, floor mats, optional subwoofer.

Pristine condition. Not a ding, not a scratch, not a scuff anywhere.
    100% original (all but the oil )

(Facebook pic... might not work for long.)

It's my wife's car. We like it, but we don't love it. We're considering selling it, but only if we can get enough for it. I know roughly how much I want for it, but I'm curious to see what other enthusiasts would say it's worth.
    This isn't a sale thread per se (though if someone seriously wants to buy it for the price I have in mind, I would certainly sell it!)

I liked the CR-Z when I tested it, although living with it may be a different story.
    I consulted the almighty Autotrader to get a rough estimate on value.

New, manual, 2016s are going for about 20k

I would pay about 15k for yours

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Since I don't know much about CR-Zs, I used KBB and it claims yours is worth about 12,000 so I would pay no more than 13,000. But as most of this world is cheap I bet you would probably get it sold for 10,000- 11,000
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

The funny thing is this car may well be worth something but down the road. Newer cars that have been recently cancelled and that some people say meh to eventually attain a following and gain in value. Though I understand you probably don't have the time to wait for that...

When people start figuring out how to shoe horn in a specific VTEC engine into this little guy I bet it will become a thing.
        My Collection:
        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

$13,500 for literally the same vehicle in my area, and that is dealer price...

Market for CRZs around here is pretty crappy.
          Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
            The funny thing is this car may well be worth something but down the road. Newer cars that have been recently cancelled and that some people say meh to eventually attain a following and gain in value. Though I understand you probably don't have the time to wait for that...

When people start figuring out how to shoe horn in a specific VTEC engine into this little guy I bet it will become a thing.
            That's very true.
            I'm banking on finding the right person that genuinely wants a CR-Z, and is willing to pay a premium for a well-equipped example with manual transmission and extremely low mileage.
            I've seen them with up to 15,000 miles listed for as much as $25,000, and as little as $12,000.
            I'm most likely going to look for $18,000 for it. It may be difficult to find a buyer at that price, but any less wouldn't be worth it (we're looking to get into a new Mini, and we've drawn the line at $18,000 in order to maintain our current monthly costs.) Looks like I may very well be overly optimistic... but it's worth a shot!

Thanks for the input, guys!

Comment

Black Book is what dealers typically use to set their prices and I've found it's pretty dead on for trades.

Extra clean retail is $18,450. Clean retail is $17,500 and average retail is $15,850. Clean trade in is $13,120.

Realistically you're going to fall somewhere in-between. I could see a mid to high $16k private party sale, maybe a low $17k if you wait forever but I don't see $18k honestly.
              Last edited by AccordWarrior; 10-02-2017, 07:00 PM.

Comment

18 may not happen, but we’re not desperate to sell. Either we get what we want, or we keep the car.

Comment

Great looking car. I had a '13 with the CVT in Kona Blue and liked it. Everything about that car but the size was awesome. Great fit/finish, beautiful paint, nary a squeak, great mileage, etc. I put like 25 or 30k miles on mine before I traded it in and lost my ass. It's a shame they made it a hybrid. If they'd just come up with enough power to make people's eyebrows raise they would've sold a lot better. Not even a crazy amount, even 200 would've been perfect.
                  My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                  Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                  Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Working...
                  X