CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 08-19-2017, 03:27 PM   #1
Beserkphantom
Newcomer

Beserkphantom is cool... so far.
How can I make more power out of simple thing on a f22a6

I'm trying to do simple things increase hp on my a6
What all can I do and pick up for cheap so far deleted cat
Short ram intake if you guys have any cheap ways make more power let me know also add me on face book rian Barton and msg me with the knowledge you might have it's is 5 speed swapped but still don't feel enough power and I'm no means rich enough to h swap it where I live every one I do run across want 2500 or more for the h swaps any help is very grateful
Beserkphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Deleting the cat does nothing for power. All it does is make your car illegal, noisy, and smelly. I suggest you put it back.
I honestly can't understand a word you said beyond that. You might want to get the punctuation keys on your keyboard and/or phone looked at. I think they're broken. If we can't understand you, we can't help you.

The "sticky" threads at the top of this section will give you a number of good ideas.

in short, you can get an H23A1 intake manifold, reground camshaft from Delta, a better header (sadly, there aren't many options available that will do much for power unless you replace the collector with a larger one...), get a new exhaust (2.25" is best for a mild street build), and get some sort of tunable engine management system that can be tuned by a professional (unless you want to buy all the tools and do all the learning to do it yourself.)
In the end, you'll probably end up putting down about H22 power, if you're lucky. You'll likely end up spending H22 money, too. If you just save up for an H22, buy a good one, install it yourself... you'll be starting at that power level, and you'll be able to do similar upgrades to bring it up from there. Your call, though.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 04:30 PM   #3
F22Chris
CB7tuner Member

F22Chris is cool... so far.
If you can't pay, you can't play. Simple as that. Save up for something nice, man. Make sure the car is safe and reliable in the meantime.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #4
blind_peach
CB7tuner Member

blind_peach is cool... so far.
Gentlemen, Gentlemen, we're forgetting the biggest, cheapest thing we all can do for extra performance...

Weight reduction

Strip the interior and get rid of those back seats. Who needs a spare? Are you really listening to music on that old radio? Does the AC even work? C'mon. It's all free to do, if you do it right
blind_peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:06 PM   #5
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
My friend was able to get within a second of my h22 with his f22a1 thanks to weight reduction!
One of the heaviest things to remove is the complete AC system. That's close to 100lbs I've been told.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:09 PM   #6
blind_peach
CB7tuner Member

blind_peach is cool... so far.
HOLY HELL 100LBS!!!!
My AC barely works and I want to track my cb7 next weekend, but it sounds like a lot lol
blind_peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:37 PM   #7
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
100lbs?? Can't be.

I have a compressor, condenser and dryer lying around...I could just weigh them.

OP, the best way to make your car faster is to learn how to drive the piss out of it. Seriously, more hp won't make you a faster driver.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:46 PM   #8
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

84lbs according to the weight reduction thread in the racing subforum.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:52 PM   #9
Bunta
CB7tuner Member

Bunta is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikaccord View Post
100lbs?? Can't be.

I have a compressor, condenser and dryer lying around...I could just weigh them.

OP, the best way to make your car faster is to learn how to drive the piss out of it. Seriously, more hp won't make you a faster driver.
unless you are drag racing, then power means just as much as skill if not more.
Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #10
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

And power doesn't always equal fun. My 117hp Fit was arguably more fun to drive than my 400hp cts-v.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:02 PM   #11
AhYesCB7
CB7tuner Member

AhYesCB7 is cool... so far.
How many miles on the engine? My A6 auto with 180k on it feels pretty fast and my last DD had more 75 more horses and two more cylinders than the Honda. I have a sunroof too so its the heaviest optioned Accord for sure and it feels "fast" still.

Check the compression and the condition of the ignition system. With only 140hp these cars have nuts, you having a manual it should be more apparent than my auto.

Is your clutch shot? Mushy pedal?
AhYesCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:20 PM   #12
steelbluesleepR
I shoot people

steelbluesleepR seems to have made some friends!
A simple tune up is cheap and will likely net you a good few horsepower if you haven't done that yet. It will also set you up for more reliable power. It's hard to be fast when you're on the side of the road.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fry
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com
steelbluesleepR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:38 PM   #13
illinois_erik
CB7tuner Member

illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful
take off the power steering belt and a/c delete (new belt needed) 4-2-1 header, something like a 10k resistor in series of the iat sensor..the p/s pump belt removal and balance shaft belt delete frees up a lot.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:28 PM   #14
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

wtfisafleek is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinois_erik View Post
...and balance shaft belt delete frees up a lot.
How bad will the motor shake with that eliminated, given good motor mounts?
wtfisafleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #15
Jon
Contributing Member

Jon is very helpful Jon is very helpful
Not enough to notice.
I've felt worse shaking from a bad motor mount than a balance shaft delete/belt removal.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:29 AM   #16
bennyblanco44
Newcomer

bennyblanco44 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Not enough to notice.
I've felt worse shaking from a bad motor mount than a balance shaft delete/belt removal.
can I get a link to how this balance shaft delete is done?
bennyblanco44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:00 PM   #17
ikayto
CB7tuner Member

ikayto seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to ikayto
i remember a few guys getting good improvements with the bismoto cam shaft.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:42 PM   #18
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
While the Bismoto cam used to be good. There are a few members that have gotten F22A6 OEM cams back instead of an actual regrind. All the time while paying for a regrind to get a stock cam. None of them were able to get refunds. So you'd be better off with Web Camshafts or a Delta regrind.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:06 PM   #19
gloryaccordy
Contributing Member

gloryaccordy seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind_peach View Post
Gentlemen, Gentlemen, we're forgetting the biggest, cheapest thing we all can do for extra performance...

Weight reduction

Strip the interior and get rid of those back seats. Who needs a spare? Are you really listening to music on that old radio? Does the AC even work? C'mon. It's all free to do, if you do it right
Removing parts makes the car a lot more fatiguing to drive. Bad idea.

OP get an H23 intake plenum and throttle body. That will give you a decent bit of peak HP and a shitload more at the fuel cutoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordoja View Post
im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral
gloryaccordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #20
Size9zombie
CB7tuner Member

Size9zombie is cool... so far.
If your'e going to delete the balance shafts, get the BSE kit from Kaizenspeed or another performance company. If you just take the belt off, you will only "delete" or eliminate half of the balance shaft system and will have twice the vibration. Engine has to come out of the car to perform the balance shaft delete properly because the front balance shaft is driven off of the oil pump gear, ot must be removed and a stub shaft be installed in its place to maintain oil pump operation. Even then, the second order vibration that the balance shafts are there to correct, WILL slowly cause harm. Premature wear of the transmission (and clutch assembly on manuals) as well as premature failure of engine and trans mounts.

Last edited by Size9zombie; 01-21-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Size9zombie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: