• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
    Here is the only gun I have, a Smith and Wesson 9mm
    Looks to be a model 3904, nice!

Comment

$600

http://www.gunsandammo.com/first-loo...-ruger-ar-556/

"Ruger’s new AR-556 anodized upper and lower receivers, both of which are forged from 7075-T6 aluminum. Lower components include a single stage trigger, a beavertail grip, an enlarged trigger guard and a six-position collapsible stock on a mil-spec buffer tube.

Its upper receiver features a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector. The upper also houses an oxide-finished bolt carrier group with a staked gas key and a 9310 alloy steel bolt.

Chambered for .223 Rem./5.56 NATO, its 16.1-inch barrel is cold hammer-forged from 4140 chome-moly steel and has M4 feed ramps. The barrel has a 1-in-8-inch twist, capable of stabilizing 35- to 77-grain bullets. Barrel contours measure .850-inches under the handguard, .750-inches at the gas block, and .700-inches from the gas block to the 1/2″-28 threaded muzzle with a Ruger flash suppressor.

The AR-556′s folding rear polymer sight is adjustable for windage, while its A2-style front sight is elevation adjustable with an included front sight tool. A pinned gas block has multiple sling attachment points, a QD port and a bayonet lug.

The most unique feature of the AR-556 is a proprietary barrel nut with a threaded delta ring for simple handguard removal. Ruger’s patent-pending barrel nut design accepts standard handguards and uses a standard-sized barrel nut wrench. It’s also interchangeable with mil-spec barrel nuts if so desired.

During initial testing, the Ruger AR-556 repeatedly hit a 6-inch steel plate offhand at 100 yards with standard factory sights.

Ruger’s affordable new AR-15 is packed with quality features and also includes a 30-round Magpul PMAG. At an expected retail price of $599, we anticipate users buying this rifle and customizing it as they please with aftermarket accessories and optics."

Comment

I saw that the other day on TTAG. Tempting, really, but I already own my Bushy. I am a huge Ruger fan though, so I might just have to pick one up after I get a few other purchases out of the way (M1 Garand, break action shotgun, etc).
        Originally posted by sweet91accord
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
          I saw that the other day on TTAG. Tempting, really, but I already own my Bushy. I am a huge Ruger fan though, so I might just have to pick one up after I get a few other purchases out of the way (M1 Garand, break action shotgun, etc).
          It has some nice features for $600.

I have a Colt LE6920 with Magpul furniture myself. I'm pretty content with it.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7 View Post

proud owner of an engraved CZ P07 Duty 2014 model been waiting about a year to get this pistol.
            I have the same P07 - got it a few years back.

Love the gun - can't wait to get an SP-01!
            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
              Looks to be a model 3904, nice!
              Thanks. we got hollow points for it for home protection and some training rounds to go shooting at the range with it.
              1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
              1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
              1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
              1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Thanks. we got hollow points for it for home protection and some training rounds to go shooting at the range with it.
                Hollow points are great for home defense!

I have yet to find the perfect range 9mm... I'm using PMC bronze currently. Accurate, kinda cheap and fairly clean.

Comment

Ah ok, I don't know enough about guns in general, I will have to look that one up lol More of my knowledge is....obsolete, I like WWII guns the best.

we want a second hand gun now and to get each of us a conceal carry license so that we each will have a way to protect ourselves. I am still getting used to the power of the 9mm. I started shooting with a .38 special. The rounds we get are Hornady Critical Defence and the target rounds are Winchester.
                  Last edited by Honda_Lady; 09-30-2014, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Ah ok, I don't know enough about guns in general, I will have to look that one up lol More of my knowledge is....obsolete, I like WWII guns the best.

we want a second hand gun now and to get each of us a conceal carry license so that we each will have a way to protect ourselves. I am still getting used to the power of the 9mm. I started shooting with a .38 special. The rounds we get are Hornady Critical Defence and the target rounds are Winchester.
                    I like old guns myself. I watch a couple YouTube channels where they take metal detectors over areas battles were fought in WWII and find old guns and such. Most of the time they are badly rusted but occasionally they find some that can actually be repaired.

Hornady Critical Defense is good stuff IMO. My conceal carry rounds in 9mm are Federal Hydra-Shok. Which are hollow points. Or as they say around here, "holler points".

I bought 200rds of that Tulammo. Dirtiest stuff I have ever seen. Not bad though. Just dirty. $11 for a box of 50.

Comment

ah, kool, that would be awesome, even one of the ones that was badly damaged but I would love more to have one that could be repaired to end up being fired again after all these years.

nice haha

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                        I like old guns myself. I watch a couple YouTube channels where they take metal detectors over areas battles were fought in WWII and find old guns and such. Most of the time they are badly rusted but occasionally they find some that can actually be repaired.

Hornady Critical Defense is good stuff IMO. My conceal carry rounds in 9mm are Federal Hydra-Shok. Which are hollow points. Or as they say around here, "holler points".

I bought 200rds of that Tulammo. Dirtiest stuff I have ever seen. Not bad though. Just dirty. $11 for a box of 50.
                        Not sure if they have it in your area, but when I was up in Utah last month, they had Federal Aluminum cased 9mm for $9/per 50. Heck of a deal. Shot great too. FMJ of course.
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                          Not sure if they have it in your area, but when I was up in Utah last month, they had Federal Aluminum cased 9mm for $9/per 50. Heck of a deal. Shot great too. FMJ of course.
                          I have a friend that works at Fiocchi of America which is literally 10 mins away from me.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...chi+of+america

I have tried to get a connect through him but I have not been successful.

I have been purchasing my ammo through www.cheaperthandirt.com forever. They do not carry aluminum cased Federal... must be why I was unaware of it and the cost. Maybe I need to expand the sources I get my ammo from...

I also check Walmart when I go there and buy the limit of whatever pistol cartage's they have. Which is typically Federal American Eagle in 9mm or .40.

I wish I could find a cheap round in 9mm and 45 that was not Berdan primed....

Comment

That federal aluminum case stuff is starting to show up around here. I've never seen it before. I usually get my stuff at walmart or basspro. I have ordered quite a lot from CTD also, but mostly specialty stuff you can't find around here and bulk 7.62. They have some sweet 22lr tracers every once in a while.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Ya'll should check out sgammo.com and ammotogo.com, both good online stores.

Comment

Why I want non-Berdan primed.

I get these from my grandfather. I wish I could get my hands on some re-loadable casings. It would make my purchases from him much cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X