Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Flaming

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flaming

Everyone is guilty of it, or has been guilty of it at one time or another.

Yes, even the other mods and I are guilty of it.

But enough is enough. We're all here because we love our old Accords... or because we couldn't afford anything better.

Whether your CB is "JDM" inspired, looks like it rolled straight out of a 90's Super Street, you have negative offset wheels, etc... we all drive the same chassis.

If you have NOTHING good to say about a vehicle or member, simply don't press the "reply" button. You can just as easily click your browser's "back" button.

Bans will be given out for rude people who think that their style is the only one that matters.

Please and thank you.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

I agree!!^^^ to each his own... they are all the same chassis and if its not constructive critisism no need to be a dick..were all here on the same terms as far as the cb7 community.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177927 <MY BUILD PROGReSS
    Originally posted by deevergote
    it won't be because cb7tuner told him to! It'll be because it's time to feed the trouser snake...

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
      Everyone is guilty of it, or has been guilty of it at one time or another.

Yes, even the other mods and I are guilty of it.

But enough is enough. We're all here because we love our old Accords... or because we couldn't afford anything better.

Whether your CB is "JDM" inspired, looks like it rolled straight out of a 90's Super Street, you have negative offset wheels, etc... we all drive the same chassis.

If you have NOTHING good to say about a vehicle or member, simply don't press the "reply" button. You can just as easily click your browser's "back" button.

Bans will be given out for rude people who think that their style is the only one that matters.

Please and thank you.

Agreed, thats why i do my own thing.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I must admit I am guilty of this. But it was getting out of control here lately so hopefully we will all be free to do what we want and not get flamed for it.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

don't forget trolling either
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

i would just like to point out, i dont drive the same chassis lol.

im here for the company.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
              don't forget trolling either
              Half of this forum doesn't even understand what trolling is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                What's this trolling you speak off?

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                  i would just like to point out, i dont drive the same chassis lol.

im here for the company.
                  This. I no longer drive a CB either. I dont think Ive been flamed for my choice in vehicle but I think it should extend to all members and their rides, regardless of type.

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                  Originally posted by cb7legend View Post
                  What's this trolling you speak off?
                  Yes, please enlighten us.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Can we flame if the Op asks for our good and bad opinions/thoughts?

Trolling = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      Can we flame if the Op asks for our good and bad opinions/thoughts?
                      There is constructive criticism and there's down right "asshole".

If you don't like something, simply say "I like your xxxx, but not so much that xxxx".

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                        There is constructive criticism and there's down right "asshole".

If you don't like something, simply say "I like your xxxx, but not so much that xxxx".
                        Which leaves a sourer taste in your mouth?
                        "I don't like this, but I like that"
                        or
                        "I like this, but I don't like that"

Its better to have the compliment follow the insult, then the insult follow the compliment.

"I like your shoes, but you look like an idiot!"
                        vs
                        "You look like an idiot, but I like your shoes!"
                        ^^ Now thats stylish & slick, they'll probably say thank you ignoring the fact you called them an idiot.
                        Last edited by cloudasc; 09-22-2011, 05:26 PM.
                        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Saying things like "I think your approach is interesting, but I'm not a fan of the result" isn't flaming. Perhaps it's unnecessary, unless you're asking a question, or complimenting something else... but it's not offensive. ESPECIALLY if the OP asks for opinions.

Saying "ew omg RICE!!!" is just downright insulting. Yes, it's the internet, and people shouldn't take things to heart... but you know what? We're not just a bunch of random dudes on the internet. We're a community here. We talk to each other on a daily basis. We interact, and ask each other for help. Our interactions are very "real life", despite the fact that we don't see each others' faces.

We had a member get banned for 4 days for a comment he made, He said something only mildly offensive, but he randomly put (R) (I) (C) (E) (Y) tucked between words... very clever. Rather offensive. Of course, he made another name right away and started attacking me and the mods... "this guy (himself on the other name) was banned, but you didn't ban that guy there... thats not fair." (that member is now permanently banned, btw...)
                          "that guy" was a guy that said, "I think it looks pretty ricey, but you did a good job with it."
                          Same offensive word, and honestly, I don't like the way it was stated... but it wasn't an attack. It wasn't ban-worthy.

Show some tact. Show some respect. That's all we ask.

Comment

I'm all for respect. Understood & thanx

Comment

rice

I think this acronym has been misused many times and has since gotten a huge negative connotation associated with it.

To me it is the definition of the actual acronym race inspired cosmetic effects, or rice.

This is putting parts on your vehicle that mimic racing parts but really have no performance benefit.

I understand that it is now a negative word, but when I see someone put an erecter set wing on a commuter accord, that defines rice

I very rarely use the word, and after reading that using it is banworthy I will be much less likely to use the word.

I know you guys do the best you can, and I try to avoid pissing you off as much as possible, but I would be confused of you banned me for posting rice in a thread with rice in if.

With that said my post count is low because I got tired of helping people who don't listen, and getting into arguments with people who claimed that I didn't know something before they posted whatever and yada yada yada.

Maybe I should pay for the premium section, but most threads I post in I say almost the exact same things, and usually people don't listen.

I have flamed, and been flamed and usually in my openion it was deserved.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X