Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay exhaust questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
    I love how everyone always associates raspy with cheap, but have you priced a Pacesetter? Expensive and raspy! :P
    I don't know one person that has or would even spend money on pacesetter anything...rip off

Comment

I have a pacesetter exhaust waiting to go on my 3rd gen... but only because I got it cheap from a kid that sold me an engine (and it's better than the straight pipe in there now!)

Anyway, Tippey.... have you looked into going to a muffler shop? Some of them are quite affordable if you just want replacement pipe welded in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jswappedsedan View Post
        I don't know one person that has or would even spend money on pacesetter anything...rip off
        I know several and they always love the sound. I eeven know a couple of guys on here besides Mike. I don't like them myself. I'm also don't like loud pipes on bikes. "Say Officer, why did you pull me over and not one of the 6 guys on Harleys that actually drowned me out a minute ago, or the guy in the 4X4 Truck with stacks, or that 5.0 or that Ratrod with no mufflers whatsoever, just four bent pipes sticking up on each side?"

I know it's because I'm in a Honda.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I have a pacesetter exhaust waiting to go on my 3rd gen... but only because I got it cheap from a kid that sold me an engine (and it's better than the straight pipe in there now!)

Anyway, Tippey.... have you looked into going to a muffler shop? Some of them are quite affordable if you just want replacement pipe welded in.
          Well they can't really repair a flex pipe which is one of the most expensive pieces i need

Heres what im dealing with right now

Comment

I would say, get it and then get yourself a cat if needed, replacing your old exhaust system would do some good to your car.
            Colombian CB7

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...3A+1992+accord

Comment

you can buy the flex pipe and have them weld it on.

however if you get this in 2.5" I would be interested in getting the axle back muffler.

I purchased this similar setup and still semi-own it, without the muffler.
              it wasn't too bad on my f22 but that was back in my piggy-back days.
              so it probably was bad, better wihout the silencer.

anyways lemme know.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Isdoyra View Post
                I would say, get it and then get yourself a cat if needed, replacing your old exhaust system would do some good to your car.
                Well obviously it would do some good as im missing a 3 foot section of exhaust and driving around with the exhaust ending at the flex pipe making a racket

Comment

I also just bought that same complete exhaust system from the same seller... company was nice on the phone and were able to take a credit card directly. Shipping was decently quick as well, even from CA to PA. It just arrived yesterday and it appears to be fairly well made, but the true test will come when i am installing it. Ill let you guys know how the install goes and how it sounds
                  90 LX 5spd 2dr (2011-2014)
                  93 EX 5spd 2dr (2013-2015)
                  92 LX 5spd 2dr (2015-present)

Comment

Originally posted by KW3gLuderInaCB7 View Post
                    I also just bought that same complete exhaust system from the same seller... company was nice on the phone and were able to take a credit card directly. Shipping was decently quick as well, even from CA to PA. It just arrived yesterday and it appears to be fairly well made, but the true test will come when i am installing it. Ill let you guys know how the install goes and how it sounds
                    Oh its gonna sound like crap with that bumble bee tunna can for a muffler.I'd suggest looking into a chambered deeper toned muffler aswell as welding up your old converter or atleast a good resenator to replace the cat.But give it about a week or so an that coffe can will keep getting louder.They do sound decent with a good chambered muffler.

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                      Oh its gonna sound like crap with that bumble bee tunna can for a muffler.I'd suggest looking into a chambered deeper toned muffler aswell as welding up your old converter or atleast a good resenator to replace the cat.But give it about a week or so an that coffe can will keep getting louder.They do sound decent with a good chambered muffler.
                      Ahh.. I figured that muffler isn't going to sound the best... It'll have to do for now though as Im extraordinarily broke. As far as the cat goes I'll hold on to my old cat but I'll just run the test pipe as I'll just be bolting the whole system together and have no means of welding anything. The paperhanger I go to here in PA doesnt even look under the car so inspection won't be an issue lol.

Comment

Oh an tippey the claims about ebay exhaust being thin is hear say.My BBP (Old company/knock off company) is thicker than OEM and autozone piping.Just went an compared the 3 they are all pretty close to each other.From mine and other people i knows experience the piping last a good while.But the weak point on ours is the flex pipe which is why mine is deleted.
                        Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 09-28-2011, 09:15 AM.

02 Crv
                        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Originally posted by KW3gLuderInaCB7 View Post
                          Ahh.. I figured that muffler isn't going to sound the best... It'll have to do for now though as Im extraordinarily broke. As far as the cat goes I'll hold on to my old cat but I'll just run the test pipe as I'll just be bolting the whole system together and have no means of welding anything. The paperhanger I go to here in PA doesnt even look under the car so inspection won't be an issue lol.
                          I didn't mention inspection's im talking solely on sound my friend.Summit makes a quite decent muffler for cheap like $17bux.

02 Crv

Comment

Well i finally got this in and all installed... The header bolted up nicely except for hitting my one a/c line which i had to disconnect in order to bolt the header up flush to the motor. My car has 275K and the a/c no longer works so oh well. Anyways, yes.. the muffler does sound like a bumble bee tuna can. If anyone wants the axle back muffler (i believe someone in this thread did)... PM me. Im looking to replace the muffler with something affordable and a little more quiet. If i buy a stock oem muffler like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-N...item53e876bc7d Will it bolt up to my new exhaust?

Also is it normal for me to have a drop in mpg's with this new exhaust or am i just crazy?

Comment

Also will it bolt up to an OEM muffler piece?
                              Yes
                              I should have read this thread a little better... its looking like any oem or performance axle back muffler piece should bolt up fine. Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent bolt-up axle-back muffler for a decent price? im trying to avoid any welding lol
                              Last edited by KW3gLuderInaCB7; 10-06-2011, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I also installed this yesterday and I gotta say it looks like its built well. All the welds look pretty soild and they give you 4 extra gaskets and bolts and nuts,atleast i got extras. But it sounds good with the cap on the muffler till u get on it but it fell off and now i got the cap in my trunk and im driving without it. Its got a decent tone to it but it was only 200 bucks so you cant beat it for a full exhaust system. I give it a 7/10 just because it is noisy. I like the sound but everyone else hates it

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

Working...
                                X