cuate01221: 1984 Toyota Celica Supra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cuate01221: 1984 Toyota Celica Supra

I officially bought another rust bucket!! Although this one is in much better shape than my cb7 was when i first got it! And it comes with a ton of extra parts! I can't wait to finally get it running and looking as good as my cb7!

Engine:
    5MG-E(Well half of it in the car and a full spare engine)

Suspension:
    stock

Wheels:
    stock

interior:
    stock

The good part is parts are pretty cheap at a yard...I always wanted to find one of those and make it into a bigger brother of the ae86 with wide flares and so on like the old 86 n2 but with that body. It has the lines for it. Run a 7mgte in it and call it a day...of course after fixing the head gasket issues.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
      The good part is parts are pretty cheap at a yard...I always wanted to find one of those and make it into a bigger brother of the ae86 with wide flares and so on like the old 86 n2 but with that body. It has the lines for it. Run a 7mgte in it and call it a day...of course after fixing the head gasket issues.
      I love the way these things look! And I've always been a fan of RWD Toyota's so I couldn't pass up this deal. I got a 5mge in there just to get it moving for now, but I have a 1jz that will be going in once it's all said and done. I got the 1jz dirt cheap but I need to find pistons for it since my buddy used the turbo pistons for his N/A 1jz to convert it to turbo. Hopefully I can find some for a decent price so I can start building it!

Comment

So here we are 2.5 years later..... I still have the supra and it has slowly been being built because of other projects but here is a massive update.

So I got the car running with the spare motor the po gave me and not much longer it spun a bearing. Meh whatever I had a half-assed rebuilt 5mge laying around, slapped it together and got it running. Until I spun bearing number 2 (completely my fault, shit bearings, no machine work and barely any break in) so now I am building a 1jz the correct way haha

My plan for this 1jz is to have a reliable, quick car. Between that and jdm 1jz motor, it has not been cheap! I am really hoping to be able to hear this thing in a couple of months! But anyway here is the quick update.

So far I have accumulated:
        1jz piston & rods
        Acl race bearings
        Arp head studs
        2jzgte toyota headgasket
        Stock 1jz intake
        Single turbo cxracing manifold
        Cheap rev-9 turbo (turbo and manifold to be replaced next year by a precision 62-62 and he racing manifold)
        Tial 44mm wastegate
        Tial 50mm bov
        Xtd stage 3 clutch
        2jz wire harness and ecu
        2jz w58 bellhousing to run factory tranny

All I'm really needing now are a gasket set, sensors and coils, along with a few maintenence parts I would like to replace while I am there.

Comment

I love these. My dad's first car in America was a 1982 Celica ST.

What are you gonna do for suspension/brakes/tires?

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
            I love these. My dad's first car in America was a 1982 Celica ST.

What are you gonna do for suspension/brakes/tires?
            Suspension has all been replaced, besides shocks and springs, they are still in good condition but I want more lows. Not doing anything crazy and I put 8000 miles on the new set of radial t/a tires I had bought 2 years ago

Comment

Working...
            X