Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone have any experience with this setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone have any experience with this setup?

if you do leave some feedback please im trying to get an idea for a new suspension setup

http://www.ilovebodykits.com/product...l_Models_.html

http://www.ilovebodykits.com/product...l_Models_.html

if you have had experience with any of the above please rate them on a scale from 1-10 ten being best

and if i get this setup how low of a drop can i expect?
    to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
    Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

Umm, you may want to speak with Mr. JoshM.
    RETIRED...

Comment

oh im sure he will drop in here to see whats up

*waits for mr josh to chime in...*

Comment

i just took this exact setup off my car a couple months ago. truthfully it rode like shit to me. the front was real stiff and hit hard the rear was hard and bouncy at the same time. my subwoofer bounced all over my trunk. also the front was as low as it could go and still left like a 2 finger gap.

the sedan
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
        the wagon
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
        the integra
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

^^^ agreed i would not go with that set-up, at least not the shocks because there are very soft and the spring are very stiff so it makes for a VERY bouncy ride. so pick up a stiffer shock or go to a completely different set up.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

I've got the Skunk2 struts and Skunk2 springs, I love it. It's not like riding on bricks. It's a great set up, and if I had to do it all over again, I'd get the same set up. My set up has a 1.8 inch drop in the front and 2.0 in the rear. Overall, I'd rate it a 9. The reason it didn't get a 10 is, it wasn't free

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
              I've got the Skunk2 struts and Skunk2 springs, I love it. It's not like riding on bricks. It's a great set up, and if I had to do it all over again, I'd get the same set up. My set up has a 1.8 inch drop in the front and 2.0 in the rear. Overall, I'd rate it a 9. The reason it didn't get a 10 is, it wasn't free
              you have skunk2 springs. he is asking about skunk2 coilover sleeves. those are MUCH stiffer and have an ajustable ride height.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

have you tried koni STRT and a set of used ground control coilovers?
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ok i was kiddin on the springs has anyone had any luck with megan springs??

http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?
                  Last edited by acc0rd_adicti0n; 10-13-2009, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by acc0rd_adicti0n View Post
                    oh im sure he will drop in here to see whats up

i'm shocked he hasn't popped in yet.

i have the megan springs. they're softer than most lowering springs i think. i like the way they ride for daily driving.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

Referring to Skunk2 sleeves:
                      Didn't have the sleeves. But, I rode in Austin's car (cbsmeezay) and they were pretty smooth, considering they were sleeves.

Megan Racing sleeves:
                      I'd rock them if I weren't tired of being low as it is.

Skunk2 shocks:
                      I despise those shocks. I hated them the instant they were under my car, and didn't stop hating them until they were off. I'd spend an extra $100 and get Tokico Illumina's.

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?
                        i plan on getting the Megan Racing sleeves soon. but the Skunks i have on OEM struts are ok around the city. but bouncy like crap on the highway with stock struts.

Originally posted by honda_kid View Post
                        i'm shocked he hasn't popped in yet.

i have the megan springs. they're softer than most lowering springs i think. i like the way they ride for daily driving.
                        what kind of struts do you have them matched with?

Comment

thanks for the help guys im so sick of bouncing around and now that the holliday season is almost here i gotta do something about it im thinking the megan sleeves with some kyb agx struts or something else im gonna look a little more for struts any suggestions with the megan sleeves?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                            what kind of struts do you have them matched with?
                            just some kyb's right now. lookin to get some struts that are made for the drop more than the gr2's. they're holdin up pretty good tho so far.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

Originally posted by honda_kid View Post
                              just some kyb's right now. lookin to get some struts that are made for the drop more than the gr2's. they're holdin up pretty good tho so far.
                              so they do ride smooth tho?

Comment

Working...
                              X