Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What's next for the cf4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's next for the cf4

So I have had my sir-t accord for about 2 months now and so far all it has is a new set of prelude wheels, HKS intake, and a nice new set of plugs and wires. I am looking for some advice on what should be done next. My ideas so far have been suspension, intake manifold or valve springs. The skunk2 dual spring valve springs have cought my eye for the moment and I'm wondering if I'll get a decent gain of power out of them and also wondering if the car will need a tune or any follow on maint afterwords. Any imput would help at this point my f20b is dieing for some mods.

upgrading your springs is only necessary when upgrading your camshaft. Otherwise it won't do you much good. The first three mods people usually do is intake, header, exhaust. You already have the intake, start looking for a good header and cat-back exhaust system. Maybe even install a hi-flow cat, or do what I did and install a Flowmaster Hushpower II Shorty in place of your cat (Unless you are in an emissions controlled county).
    Last edited by wherm; 09-01-2010, 07:35 PM.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
      Unless you are in an emissions controlled county.
      Yes he is. He is currently residing in Japan. A country which is just a tad enthusiastic on their annual road worthy inspections.

I am not one into mods and don't like deviating from Honda factory designed and tested equipment. But if i was in your shoes i would:

1st Get chrome tips to dress the current exhaust.

2nd Get HID's fitted (if not already) as its functional

3rd Strut braces since its also functional (you can still feel the increase rigidity and the point and shoot feel even in moderate speeds). I would stick with the OEM shocks as its comfortable and tuned for Japanese roads (which in my quess is A grade roads - meaning your shocks are already stiffer than USDM, AUDM or EDM)

4th Get JDM OEM options (not already on it)

Just my opinion.
      Last edited by JDMDriver; 09-02-2010, 08:23 AM.
      Rides:

Accord
      92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
      96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
      88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
      95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
      91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Cf4 is a Sexy car, I want pics! but back to the nature of the post.

Adding valve springs to a head that doesnt have any other mods mainly camshafts, will actually be bad for your head, as it will cause extra stress to the rockers and cam. causing early wear and tear and worst case malfunction. plus the money it would cost to install such a mod is expensive comparible to mods that will have a imediate effect of engine response and proformance such as intake's and full exhaust systems (header back) even a larger TB, or a chip and tune.

Comment

Working...
        X