2nd Gear is Popping out h22 tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Gear is Popping out h22 tranny

Ok, as the title says, Im having a problem with my second gear popping out of gear. I just installed this tranny with stage 1 clutch and lightened flywheel. Now, I've only driven the car for about an hour so far. I fulled up the tranny with 1 qt acura advanced and 1 qt honda genuine tranny fluid, not because I wanted to but because its all I had at the time and figured its 'practically' the same shit.

Anyway, i let my friend drive it and he said after he came down the block in 2nd gear and came to a stop, it popped out of gear. I tested it for myself and drove down the block at a good speed in 2nd gear and when I let go of the accelerator, it popped out. It did this twice, and Im very pissed off by the way. Other than that it never popped out on the the highway or on the other roads.
    Now like I said the oil was just filled.

a. I dont think shift linkage should be a problem as the shifters are in the same location. Tell me if Im wrong.
    b. I've read on some car the shifter bushings could cause a problem, is that true for out F and H series shifter cables along with the shifter. Im referring to the bushing underneath the shifter inside the car.
    c. It goes into every gear pretty smoothly so Im ruling out the synchros, tell me if Im wrong.
    d. If this problem is not CHEAPLY or easily fixable, will it get worse?

Please any insight would be helpful, Im very stressed I spent money and most of my day installing this tranny for this shit to happen. Thanx in advance
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

yeah mine does this as well, except for 3rd gear. When I'm taking a turn and let go of the gas, it pops out and starts chattering so i kinda have to hold it slightly. This only happens when I let go of the gas a little bit. Other than that, if I'm accelerating in that gear it stays put.

I'd like to know why this happens also.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

its possible that the fluid can be causing this...you might wanna change it to honda mtf asap..
      also, it may be the syncros inside the transmission that can be worn...
      certain 2007/2008 civic si's had a recall for 3rd gear syncros depending on vin range...just an example..
      best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by PhatAccord View Post
        its possible that the fluid can be causing this...you might wanna change it to honda mtf asap..
        also, it may be the syncros inside the transmission that can be worn...
        certain 2007/2008 civic si's had a recall for 3rd gear syncros depending on vin range...just an example..
        best of luck
        X2. It could be the syncros. I had this problem.
        Bisimoto Engineering
        1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
        2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
        3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

about to find out what this problem is this weekend because mine is doing it so bad that everytime it goes into gear now it pops right out unless I hold it in gear. Going to be taking it out because I have a couple tranny's laying around that have good syncros on them. will try and post the results up.

Originally posted by Devergote
          A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by robert@bisimoto View Post
            X2. It could be the syncros. I had this problem.
            Well, thats what Im afraid of, but the funny thing is its not really grinding you know. I havent really powershifter it yet, but I have shifted at high rpms. I'll drive it a lil, and chage the oil to synchromesh or acura advanced or some top of the line shit. If this guy doesnt give me a refund then Im gonna keep it til nexx year.

Originally posted by tn_accords View Post
            about to find out what this problem is this weekend because mine is doing it so bad that everytime it goes into gear now it pops right out unless I hold it in gear. Going to be taking it out because I have a couple tranny's laying around that have good syncros on them. will try and post the results up.
            Damn, it does that in every gear?? Did your problem start out small like mine. Mine only happens in 2nd when I let go of the accelerator after medium to hard acceleration. Well, let me know what monsters you find in that tranny. Chill.

Another thing I forgot to add was I had not more dot3 brake fluid and I bled it with my $20 a bottle Motul DOT4 racing brake fluid. Anyone see a problem with this??
            Pm meX

MY WHIP
            H22A Swap
            I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords View Post
              good luck on that i might pass by and take a look.

MY MR CB7 THREADhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=127610

MY MR PRELUDE THREAD http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...22#post2149222

trade apexi ws2 catback for some wheels pm me

Comment

99% of the time people think it's the synchros, it's not. The dog teeth go bad more often than syncros.

I took apart a transmission that grinded very badly in 3rd and 2nd. The synchros looked new. The dog teeth on the other hand.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                  99% of the time people think it's the synchros, it's not. The dog teeth go bad more often than syncros.

I took apart a transmission that grinded very badly in 3rd and 2nd. The synchros looked new. The dog teeth on the other hand.
                  So, is it the dog teeth that keeps a gear in its gear??
                  Pm meX

MY WHIP
                  H22A Swap
                  I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
                    Well, thats what Im afraid of, but the funny thing is its not really grinding you know. I havent really powershifter it yet, but I have shifted at high rpms. I'll drive it a lil, and chage the oil to synchromesh or acura advanced or some top of the line shit. If this guy doesnt give me a refund then Im gonna keep it til nexx year.

Damn, it does that in every gear?? Did your problem start out small like mine. Mine only happens in 2nd when I let go of the accelerator after medium to hard acceleration. Well, let me know what monsters you find in that tranny. Chill.

Another thing I forgot to add was I had not more dot3 brake fluid and I bled it with my $20 a bottle Motul DOT4 racing brake fluid. Anyone see a problem with this??

The transmission will not get better by itself, or by a fluid change. Part of the syncro is broken. If you continue to use second gear you may eventually lose the use of second entirely or you could break something and have it ruin the entire transmission.

I broke the syncro snap ring on fourth gear about 30 min into an eight hour enduro, and lost the use of fourth about 30 min later. We finished without other transmission problems and reused several parts from inside, but I knew it was a gamble when we continued.

Motul is great but overkill for the street.
                    1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
                    newer race video,older race videos
                    1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
                    1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      The transmission will not get better by itself, or by a fluid change. Part of the syncro is broken. If you continue to use second gear you may eventually lose the use of second entirely or you could break something and have it ruin the entire transmission.

I broke the syncro snap ring on fourth gear about 30 min into an eight hour enduro, and lost the use of fourth about 30 min later. We finished without other transmission problems and reused several parts from inside, but I knew it was a gamble when we continued.

Motul is great but overkill for the street.
                      Well, if your correct that's bad news for me. Tell me tho, being that my case is not so severe, do you think that with moderate driving that it will sustain for at least a year.?
                      This guy tells me that in the event that the tranny is bad I can get a full refund. I really don't wanna. Take ouit dis tranny again.
                      Pm meX

MY WHIP
                      H22A Swap
                      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Taking out the trans again is better than forking out the cash to taking it out again and rebuilding it.

It is most likely the collar/bearing or the dog teeth for that gear.
                        Last edited by d112crzy; 09-11-2009, 07:35 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
                          Well, if your correct that's bad news for me. Tell me tho, being that my case is not so severe, do you think that with moderate driving that it will sustain for at least a year.?
                          This guy tells me that in the event that the tranny is bad I can get a full refund. I really don't wanna. Take ouit dis tranny again.
                          I doubt it. I know what you mean about removing the trans, it is a lot of work, but its better to get it done right than to be left stranded.
                          1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
                          newer race video,older race videos
                          1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
                          1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                            Taking out the trans again is better than forking out the cash to taking it out again and rebuilding it.

It is most likely the collar/bearing or the dog teeth for that gear.
                            Originally posted by Karl View Post
                            I doubt it. I know what you mean about removing the trans, it is a lot of work, but its better to get it done right than to be left stranded.
                            I hear what you guys are saying and I agree with you but with the situation Im in and how I think, I think that I will hold out for as long as possible until I can afford the LSD tranny and just get it from my usual JDM spot instead of fuckin with ebay. The way I think is if Im taking something out, its gonna be upgraded and I dont have the money to upgrade right now. So thanx alot for the info fellas, and Im gonna take my chance on wiatin in out a little bit. Im tellin you, sometimes you get what you pay for. I won the auction for the tranny at $360. And look what the fuck happens. Chill
                            Pm meX

MY WHIP
                            H22A Swap
                            I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Yea thats a sign its on the way out. I was thinkin syncros also but who knows. Its all good, just get another, from a reputable place

Comment

Working...
                              X