Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

koni pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
    sorry but you didnt create the thread, go create your own thread and ill answer accordingly.
    hey bro, Im not asking for YOUR advice, Im helping the guy out...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Hmmm do these F&F coilovers perform well??

Click it.... You know you wanna
      Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

From what I have seen and read for the price they perform pretty well.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

How many times do I have to say it? SPRING RATES!!!!

You can dump the shit out of your car with a 3 or 4 inch drop, and if your SPRING RATES aren't very stiff, then even a lowly GR-2 can handle it without blowing. Now, you'll probably bottom out, so that is where you need to compromise with a stiffer setup.

The problem is that anything that goes that low is going to have a high spring rate by default because companies aren't retarded. So, to go with your increased spring rate you need an increased shock force. Higher spring and shock forces are harder on the shock, so it must have good durability. Koni and Bilstein are the only shocks for the CB7 that are strong enough to handle the increased rates AND not blow!
          You can ride around on AGX's slammed and turn them up all the way and it might feel as good as a Koni, but it will not last as long. Then you have to buy new shocks, and guess what? One set of Yellows is way cheaper than two sets of AGX's.

91kid, you aren't "blowing" 6-700 on shocks. Several people have said a set of yellows can be had for a little over 500. Also, they are the last shock you'll ever have to buy unless you change your setup completely(full coilovers). You're buying performance, durability, and peace of mind. You say there has to be a shock that handles a 3 inch drop safely and has good ride quality...well there is. Its the KONI YELLOW. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
          /frustration
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

if hes gonna spend $500 on something else why not spend the extra $100 for the really good stuff.just my 0.2.

my new turbo build

Comment

OK well i see where you guys are coming from and i know im cheap but i like to have good stuff haha... so i guess ill have to save up and get the yellows.... now what about koni reds... i heard theyre similiar but have less adjustbility?

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                if hes gonna spend $500 on something else why not spend the extra $100 for the really good stuff.just my 0.2.
                What good stuff are you talking about?

Originally posted by 91kid
                The reds should have the same adjustability, but you have to take them off the car in order to do it, while the yellows have a knob. If you aren't going to be using a shock dyno to match them, I recommend the yellows.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                  What good stuff are you talking about?
                  the konis.

my new turbo build

Comment

i have a set of koni sp3 and they are they best thing i have bought for my car yet.
                    you won't be disappointed with these struts

p.s. i bought mine off craigslist for 400 brand new in the box

Comment

Originally posted by trurider69 View Post
                      i have a set of koni sp3 and they are they best thing i have bought for my car yet.

lucky bastard, j/k

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
                        OK well i see where you guys are coming from and i know im cheap but i like to have good stuff haha... so i guess ill have to save up and get the yellows.... now what about koni reds... i heard theyre similiar but have less adjustbility?
                        Originally posted by trurider69 View Post

Its true. This guy knows. The SP3's are the shit.

Comment

Ok well i guess ima start saving my pennys wheres a good spot to buy em?

Comment

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
                            Ok well i guess ima start saving my pennys wheres a good spot to buy em?
                            If you want the SP3's then you have to get them from neuspeed's site. They're 125 a piece for a further improved version of the koni yellow. Its not that bad.

Comment

x2, neuspeed.com, thats all you need.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

hi i just called http://neuspeed.com/ they are nice .. if you call them there prices are cheaper then on there web sight .. i`m going to save up for some.. i think the sp`3 red were $99 you should call them...i had him price out springs,struts,camber adjustment for front and rear it came out to 832.59 he said $800.00 would be the price for all of it ...wow
                                Last edited by Teddy; 01-18-2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X