Help identifying springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying springs

A friend of mine in town told me he had some springs in storage for an accord, but he does not know the year nor the brand of them. I figured I would post up on here and see if anyone recognizes them or can let me know if they are cb7 spring shape and size (will be guesswork of course). He only wants 30 bucks for them so if I can find out any info on them I may get them from him.

Thanks,

Caleb

Measure the spring rate and then we can see what springs have similar rates that are gray.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
      Measure the spring rate and then we can see what springs have similar rates that are gray.
      I have no way to measure the spring rate (not even in my possession, he just sent me the pic), I am just curious if they look like a cb7 spring at all? I have searched for pictures but different companies have differing designs

Comment

I am going to see if he can send me some height and width measurements to get some idea of their sizing. He will have to go back to his storage unit to do it though

Comment

Originally posted by Dyesuperman View Post
          I have no way to measure the spring rate (not even in my possession, he just sent me the pic), I am just curious if they look like a cb7 spring at all? I have searched for pictures but different companies have differing designs
          well, theyre progressive rate at least, and they do look like theyd fit on a cb. maybe with an inch and a half of drop..

derp
          Last edited by illinois_erik; 03-31-2013, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
            well, theyre progressive rate fronts at least, and they do look like theyd fit on a cb. maybe with an inch and a half of drop..
            I did notice the progressive rate front. Thanks for the help! Have you any idea who makes a silver aftermarket spring? They may have been repainted for all I know lol. I don't really have much information on these, makes it kind of difficult. I know they changed the spring design after 97 or so for accords, is there a very obvious difference between the designs?

Comment

Originally posted by Dyesuperman View Post
              I did notice the progressive rate front. Thanks for the help! Have you any idea who makes a silver aftermarket spring? They may have been repainted for all I know lol. I don't really have much information on these, makes it kind of difficult. I know they changed the spring design after 97 or so for accords, is there a very obvious difference between the designs?
              youre welcome, umm i dunno they look like cheapies. the rust, most of the better dudes bake on the finish or its like some pvc rubber coat too. I was going to edit and throw in 90-97 will work. they look similar to my H&R sports dimensionally with the eye calibrator screen interpreter.

not so much after digging up the pic..lol how about..

Last edited by illinois_erik; 03-31-2013, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Put about 500lbs of weight on them and measure how much they compress. That will give us an idea of how stiff they are. IF they are name brand, I would have to guess Progress sport springs.
                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

They "look" like Accord springs but can't be certain without some measurements.

Aren't H&R OE Sports a grey color?...with a slight drop like 1"?

Do they have any markings on them at all? If they were in storage for awhile maybe they are an oldschool brand that is out of business now..

Comment

Working...
                  X