moog tie rods scraping wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moog tie rods scraping wheel

I just put in new tie rods into the cb and made sure I went with quality Moog ones. The job all went smoothly, but when I went to go back out of the garage, my tie rods rubbed against the back lip of the wheel to the point where it stopped the car from rolling down the hill(I'll post a pic for reference of hill). It only rubs on full turn though. I'd take some pics but my phone was dying :/ Anybody know what could be causing this? I might just get 5mm wheel spacers and hope it doesn't rub?

shave the tie rod a little?
    visit vgruk

Comment

I tried but it scrapes so much that it completely stops the car from moving even when I give it a little gas

Comment

wow. can we have a pic?
        visit vgruk

Comment

I can get pics tomorrow, but I'm currently at home stuffed as a duck and not moving lol

Comment

i know that feel bro
            visit vgruk

Comment

Either you got the wrong parts or you put them in wrong.
              wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                Either you got the wrong parts or you put them in wrong.
                yup.

maybe L*R got mixed up

Comment

I had a similar problem on a tierod installation on a stock 94 Accord LX with Ex rims. I was certain I had used the right tierod ends but they were still grinding the car to a stop on what appeared to be the back of the rim...so I jacked the car up and put it in neutral so I could spin the rim by hand while under the car. Turns out the rods were wedging against the clamp-on lead wheel weights on the inner rim lips at certain angles. Popped them off and rebalanced the rims with stick on weights. Fixed

Im not saying this is your problem but...
                  Last edited by 5sp5drCB; 04-07-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                    yup.

maybe L*R got mixed up

hmmmm, I didn't know there was a difference from left to right? I'll have to check that. I'm pretty sure this is exactly what's wrong because mine curve out toward the rear of the car instead of in toward the front. Thank you for this!

Originally posted by 5sp5drCB View Post
                    I had a similar problem on a tierod installation on a stock 94 Accord LX with Ex rims. I was certain I had used the right tierod ends but they were still grinding the car to a stop on what appeared to be the back of the rim...so I jacked the car up and put it in neutral so I could spin the rim by hand while under the car. Turns out the rods were wedging against the clamp-on lead wheel weights on the inner rim lips at certain angles. Popped them off and rebalanced the rims with stick on weights. Fixed

Im not saying this is your problem but...
                    No, I got back there and its scraping the rim its self all the way around. Thanks though! This is what I originally thought but there is no weights on the back at all.
                    Last edited by cuate01221; 04-07-2013, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X