Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

koni pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

koni pricing?

How much did you guys pay for 4 koni yellow struts i have a hard time believing people can justify 700 dollars for 4 struts

Click it.... You know you wanna
    Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
    i have a hard time believing people can justify 700 dollars for 4 struts
    Really? Suspension is not something you cheap out on. Especially struts.
    Originally posted by chessboxer
    We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
    Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

How much did you guys pay for 4 koni yellow struts i have a hard time believing people can justify 700 dollars for 4 struts
      The SP3 version is $500 for a set from Neuspeed. That's an upgraded version of the normal koni yellow. Clearly you haven't ridden on a set, because then you would see why people spend the money for them.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PointBlank View Post
        Really? Suspension is not something you cheap out on. Especially struts.
        Im not wanting to cheap out and i know you have to pay to get the best but i was expecting like 100 a strut 170 a strut seems crazy...

At that price i can get megan racing coilovers for 150 more...

are these the only struts that can handle a 2+ inch drop?

Comment

Im not wanting to cheap out and i know you have to pay to get the best but i was expecting like 100 a strut 170 a strut seems crazy...

At that price i can get megan racing coilovers for 150 more...

are these the only struts that can handle a 2+ inch drop?
          You can get SP3 yellows for 125 a piece! That's not too bad.
          The damper quality of the Koni's is superior to most coilover dampers out there. KYB AGX, Tokico Illuminas, Tokico HPs, and KYB Gr2s I have seen handle below 2 inch drops and last an indefinite amount of time. Alot of it depends on the spring rates, because the higher end shocks are designed to work the same regardless of position, so how low you actually are doesn't matter as long as you have bump stops for insurance. Whether or not said setups were comfortable or handled well or not is a different story.

Koni's and Bilsteins will not blow on you though...and if they do, you're doing something wrong. They are definitely the best two shocks you're going to find for the CB7

Comment

If the Konis blow, they're guaranteed, regardless of how low you are. Not sure on Bilsteins.

$700 is a bit steep, but as said before, they're available for less. $500-$600 shipped... and well worth that amount.

Saying "$700 for just 4 shocks?" is like saying "$2000 for just one H22 Type S? I could get an F22A for $200!"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              If the Konis blow, they're guaranteed, regardless of how low you are. Not sure on Bilsteins.

$700 is a bit steep, but as said before, they're available for less. $500-$600 shipped... and well worth that amount.

Saying "$700 for just 4 shocks?" is like saying "$2000 for just one H22 Type S? I could get an F22A for $200!"
              I agree. You're really saving money with the Koni Yellow. I'd venture to say they'd outlast a shock like a KYB GR2 or Tokico HP 2 or 3 to 1

Also, Bilsteins have a similar warranty. Guaranteed for as long as you own the vehicle, but the warranty is voided from misuse or racing/offroad applications.
              Last edited by mndude07; 01-17-2010, 08:02 PM.

Comment

take it from someone that is very stubborn...after going through two sets of struts, a good and reputable brand is highly recommended. not saying kyb's are garbage but the ride quality in konis are just amazing.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  take it from someone that is very stubborn...after going through two sets of struts, a good and reputable brand is highly recommended. not saying kyb's are garbage but the ride quality in konis are just amazing.
                  Agreed.

I have a tendency to be very black and white, and it comes off as if I'm saying "anything but Konis is garbage"... and that's not true. Even some POS Monroe shocks would be a better choice than 20 year old OEM shocks... (of course, THOSE will definitely blow! )

KYB and Tokico make good products... but they all pale in comparison to Koni. If you want adjustable performance and a reasonable price, Koni yellows are really your best option. KYB AGX and Tokico Illuminas aren't significantly less expensive, and they offer less performance for the money. KYB GR2 and Tokico HP (blues) are barely better than stock replacement as far as performance goes, and anything more than a barely perceptible drop and increase in spring rate would be too much for them. Even if they don't blow, they're certainly not going to offer a worthwhile performance upgrade.

Comment

Im not wanting to cheap out but I dont wanna blow 6-7 on struts..

Theres gotta be some good struts that will handle a 3 inch or so drop and last.. With decent ride quality..

Koni cannot be the only company that makes a good strut for this purpose

Comment

Im not wanting to cheap out but I dont wanna blow 6-7 on struts..

Theres gotta be some good struts that will handle a 3 inch or so drop and last.. With decent ride quality..

Koni cannot be the only company that makes a good strut for this purpose
                      then go on eBay, and get some F&F Type 1 coilovers, for $630. Remember, when purchasing suspension, you always have to ask yourself what is the purpose and use that you're going to give it. As it has said PLENTY of times before, "You get what you pay for", and that being said, Im dropping the $700 Neuspeed Super Cup kit costs...no questions asked.

I went and bought H&R Race springs...but noticed the price difference between me getting the shocks myself, or getting a full kit with Koni Yellows was more beneficial (moneywise) to get the full kit. So I returned them. Yes, I am dropping a few benjamins, but because Ive owned enough CB's to know that quality is "Quality".

Note: I calculated $530 tops on Koni Yellows shipped...and I did research.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

i bought a used set of cusco's full coilovers that drop 3" for 450. it will handle the drop but it isnt performance orientated.

I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
                          then go on eBay, and get some F&F Type 1 coilovers, for $630....
                          i was just about to say the same thing to him
                          i just bought my f&f type ones from a member on here for 475 shipped and they are absolutely amazing. you can raise and lower the car if you are not satisfied with were it sits(unlike springs with exception to some struts having multiple perches)

i would say save up for a real coilover system and most people that have one will agree i believe

but to each his own
                          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            i bought a used set of cusco's full coilovers that drop 3" for 450. it will handle the drop but it isnt performance orientated.
                            again, perfect example why you have to determine what you are looking for in a suspension to handle. Im going performance, so this wouldnt suit me.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
                              again, perfect example why you have to determine what you are looking for in a suspension to handle. Im going performance, so this wouldnt suit me.
                              sorry but you didnt create the thread, go create your own thread and ill answer accordingly.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X