DrZCB72nr : 2010 Honda Civis Si

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrZCB72nr : 2010 Honda Civis Si

Last edited by DRzCB72nr; 01-21-2010, 06:04 PM.

You should arrange your pics vertically, so that the post is easier to read...

Damn nice pickup though. I absolutely LOVE mine.

What is that color? I see you abbreviated CBP, which I gather means something black pearl, but what is the "C" for?

Is it Navi, or non-navi?

How do you like it so far? Did you get the summer tires, or just the regular all seasons?

That is also the first picture I have seen of the black plastic fuel rail shroud, all the rest were silver to match the valve cover.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

CBP = crystal black pearl (it kinda has rainbow flakes instead of blue like the other si black i think)

It's non-navi with all seasons. I love it also, I remember looking around your thread way before I got the itch to buy one. Like you, I don't like the rev hang but it isn't as bad as people make it seem. The fuel rail cover is one of the only changes the '10 got, another change i am not happy about the there is no more courtesy light between the map lights.

Comment

Congrats on the purchase, excellent choice! Now for a cold air, race header, and a flashpro

Comment

i think Im gonna stay away from bolt-ons for now. Never been a fan of cai, had one in my accord and i hated driving on rain days. Flashpro I do see in the future just don't know how soon.

What i really want is, complete hfp kit, a small drop (probably hfp), and progress rear sway bar.

Comment

nice SI

what happen to the accord?

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
            1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
            1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
            2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by DRzCB72nr View Post
              CBP = crystal black pearl (it kinda has rainbow flakes instead of blue like the other si black i think)

It's non-navi with all seasons. I love it also, I remember looking around your thread way before I got the itch to buy one. Like you, I don't like the rev hang but it isn't as bad as people make it seem. The fuel rail cover is one of the only changes the '10 got, another change i am not happy about the there is no more courtesy light between the map lights.
              I heard about that... I am surprised. To be honest, in the SI it is very faint red, so you really have to focus to see what is down there, but sometimes it did come in handy. I really like it on the Accords we have had, but they were more of a blue or amber that really lit the console up.

The rev hang isn't a no purchase item or anything, it is just mildly annoying. You don't really realize it is that bad until you go back to an old cable operated Honda and remember how much easier it is to shift smoothly. More intuitive if you will.

I am not sure what about the JDM map the Flashpro uses, but it basically eliminated the injectors from staying on for a few milliseconds after you shut the throttle, eliminating the hang. It also eliminates the little double bump you get when letting off of the throttle while in gear. There is obviously one bump when you let off, which is the throttle closing, and then just a fraction of a second later, you can feel the injectors shut off.

I didn't realize this either, but apparently, when switching the Flashpro from MAF/MAP mode to just MAP mode, the minor driveability issues with the car stone cold are eliminated. There is some minor bucking etc if you don't let it warm up to 2 bars before driving it. Apparently, that gets fixed too.

Comment

pictures fixed. The accord now belongs to my brother, so it will still attend meets = )

Comment

Do you have pics of the HID's installed?

Comment

Working...
                  X