Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

failed hc(ppm) jdm h22a need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

failed hc(ppm) jdm h22a need help

i took my car to the state ref i passed the inspection part but failed the hc(ppm) emission here are my readings
    max ave meas
    83 29 102
    65 23 70

i have a cat back exhauste c.a.i and thats it.what can i do to fix this

did the smog station input the h22's emissions? thenextazn's h22 limit was like 120 ppm HC but this was also on a dyno.

new plugs, higher octane, change oil...
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yeah it was the h22's emissions, im gonna do new plugs,wires i know the last owner didnt change them when he put the h22 in and a oil change and see what happends

Comment

warming the cat up well right? cats like to be super hot.
        I <3 G60.

Comment

Those are somewhat high readings. What ecu are you running? What were your CO readings? HC is unburnt fuel so it's either running rich or is out of tune. A tune up would help if it hasn't been done recently. And like mentioned above, the car should be warmed up well (20-30min freeway drive) and fresh high octane gas is highly recommended.

Comment

unburnt fuel isnt the same as rich...it just means incmplete combustion.
            I <3 G60.

Comment

co% readings.i have stock jdm p13

max ave meas
              0.75 0.18 0.03
              0.63 0.13 0.01

Comment

I guess I didn't word it very well but thanks for the correction.

Anyways, I think the first thing is get a tune up done especially since you mentioned the previous guy didn't do it. Check everything like distributor cap and rotor, wires, plugs, ignition timing. An oil change and even a valve adjustment would help if they haven't been done in a long time.

Here's a chart we use up in BC for our emissions testing. It's only a guide so I wouldn't go running out and changing everything it says but it will help point you in a certain direction.

BTW, I know of a few guys here that tried running their h22's through testing with a JDM p13 and failed and switched to a USDM P13 and passed. The USDM P13 seems to have much higher pass rates. Take this with a grain of salt as I don't know if there is a difference but it is possible the JDM ecu has a different map due to Japanese high octane gas having a much higher rating than what is available over in North America.
                Last edited by YK86; 06-24-2010, 11:07 PM.

Comment

i changed distributor cap and rotor plug wires,oil change,spark plugs and it passed.the wires i got are longer than the stock ones will that affect the engine?i got borg warner wires dose anyone know if they are any good?

Comment

nothing really beats an oem set like ngk or quality aftermarket like taylor or msd.

longer wires have a wee bit more resistance in them. oem spec is about 1000 ohms per foot bu ive seen old ngk's at 12,000 ohms and the car ran fine. my msd's are down to 100-300 ohms.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

oh it was the only thing i could get my hands on at the time i had like 10 min to buy them and put them on before my appointment

Comment

i would think that you passed the test so the wires wont hurt .i like my blue ngk wires ,nice blue

Comment

Working...
                        X