Who likes gory movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who likes gory movies?

I normally don't, but I love making them! Why? 4 words. Air powered blood cannons.

On the coat-tails of the success my crew and I had with Slenderman, which will be released within the next month, we are extremely excited about our latest project; Rendezvous with Death.

It's goofy, funny, and going to be really bloody. as in, we have it in the budget GALLONS of stage blood.

check it out:

if you like what you see, please go check out www.StartKilling.com

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comme...orror_im_down/
    Please upvote this! It only takes a second.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

i like gory movies. saw and the new Texas chain are the only ones to make me cringe.
      visit vgruk

Comment

i dont think we're out to make anyone cringe, just to make a fun movie that is fun to make. its going to have a really light feel to it, almost a comedy.

Comment

well you asked
          visit vgruk

Comment

Wow, that looks really well done! I think I remember seeing some of your facebook posts with pictures from some of the scenes in the trailer there!

The dialog, camera work, and apparent flow of the storyline certainly fit with the genre. It seems to have the feel of the classic 80s horror movies... only with better camera work and better acting.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Wow, that looks really well done! I think I remember seeing some of your facebook posts with pictures from some of the scenes in the trailer there!

The dialog, camera work, and apparent flow of the storyline certainly fit with the genre. It seems to have the feel of the classic 80s horror movies... only with better camera work and better acting.
              that's the goal, deeve, i just hope we get to go through with it. the teaser was shot with a canon 5D mark 3, but the director just bought a RED Scarlet X and will be filmed at 4K resolution, the same camera and resolution that a TON of hollywood movies and high-end shorts are being filmed on right now.

we have started a new reddit page, please go upvote this one:
              http://www.reddit.com/r/kickstarter/..._if_drive_and/

the more people see this and upvote, the more likely we are to be featured on the front page of reddit. front page of reddit=millions of views=more likely to be funded=I get to throw blood at attractive people some more.

Comment

Signed up for Reddit and voted it up.

I'll send some dough your way when I get my next paycheck... hopefully i'll get it sooner or later (they've been few and far between lately...)
                I hope you raise the money for it! $50,000 is a pretty reasonable expectation. Is that going to be the complete budget for the film?

accordtunerx's project had $25,000 kickstarter goal, but I believe the final expect budget was 2 million... then again, his film involved huge big-rig races, and an Australian filming location!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Signed up for Reddit and voted it up.

I'll send some dough your way when I get my next paycheck... hopefully i'll get it sooner or later (they've been few and far between lately...)
                  I hope you raise the money for it! $50,000 is a pretty reasonable expectation. Is that going to be the complete budget for the film?

accordtunerx's project had $25,000 kickstarter goal, but I believe the final expect budget was 2 million... then again, his film involved huge big-rig races, and an Australian filming location!
                  thanks deeve, I really appreciate it! yeah, that's the whole budget! we filmed Slenderman for under $10k. myself, the director, the producer, and the lead actor are all doing this for no pay, just to get our names out there. the only people actually getting paid are the actors that we hire, just so we can make them sign a contract and wont destroy the movie by not showing up.

Comment

That's the way to do it. A quality film or two under your belt... made for less money than one would expect... will certainly draw attention from the right people. If the entire film is done with the same level of quality as that trailer, I could certainly see it being a success.

Definitely let me know when Slenderman is available. I had intended to contribute to that as well, but an abundance of work (and a shortage of pay) ended up getting in the way.

Comment

4 days left in the campaign, please help spread the word!

Comment

Working...
                      X