Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90-91 Honda Accord HeadLights Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90-91 Honda Accord HeadLights Question

Hi guys,

I just waned to ask has anyone converted their lights to HID or LED headlights? And has anyone tried to do a Led turn signal and corner light install? I have tried but the light is not as bright and wanted to get help in order to have it more visible on the road or if there was any recommendations in ways to improve visibility on the road?

Thank you in advance!

~ Vincent

Honda Accord 91 ~ F22A1 ~ Mindy ~

These headlights are like any other halogen housing. They are not designed for the additional light output of HIDs. The only way to correctly improve the brightness of your headlights is to perform a projector retrofit on them. That would allow you to run HID bulbs and vastly improve visibility on the road. The cheapest you can get away with doing the upgrade would be around $200 and that's using all questionable or low-end parts. I would recommend going to theretrofitsource.com and purchasing a kit that will come with the projectors, bulbs, ballasts, relay harness, shrouds and any adapters you might need. The Morimoto D2S 4.0 is the hot ticket out right now.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      These headlights are like any other halogen housing. They are not designed for the additional light output of HIDs. The only way to correctly improve the brightness of your headlights is to perform a projector retrofit on them. That would allow you to run HID bulbs and vastly improve visibility on the road. The cheapest you can get away with doing the upgrade would be around $200 and that's using all questionable or low-end parts. I would recommend going to theretrofitsource.com and purchasing a kit that will come with the projectors, bulbs, ballasts, relay harness, shrouds and any adapters you might need. The Morimoto D2S 4.0 is the hot ticket out right now.
      Well said. I second this.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Yep. Agreed. Can we just sticky this ?

Comment

Good info here and yes should be an automatic sticky

Comment

Super! Thanks for the info! I'll go ahead and look into the site and try to get one soon! I was wondering also cause my dad bought a eBay hid kit that idk how he connected everything but got it to fit I'll try to get pictures sometime but yeah so I'll try to figure something out! Either than that thank you guys so much h for your help!

Honda Accord 91 ~ F22A1 ~ Mindy ~

Comment

If you've ever seen a car driving down the road with one HID, it's because they have a crappy plug and play HID kit and a ballast failed. Cheap HID setups have cheap parts that will fail very quickly.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

If you've ever seen a car driving down the road with one HID, it's because they have a crappy plug and play HID kit and a ballast failed. Cheap HID setups have cheap parts that will fail very quickly.
                DDM Tuning Ballasts purchased in 2010 and the ballasts never failed. Still work actually. Pretty sure the basic DDM set up is as cheap as they come.

Still, never a good idea to put HID's in Halogen housings. Retrofit only.

Comment

I ran a cheap set of xentec ebay hid's for every bit of 2years and never had a problem,just my .02 cents

Comment

I swerve at people that blind me with irresponsibly bright HID conversions. Just saying.
                    I'm getting older, and blinding light has a serious negative effect on my ability to see for a few seconds after it passes. I'd imagine someone 20 or 30 years older is even more adversely affected.

Do it properly, as Jarrett described. Use a quality projector with your HID setup. Otherwise, you are putting the safety of others at risk.

Additionally, if you don't run an auxiliary harness, you run the risk of overloading your wire harness and causing a fire in your engine bay. So there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      I swerve at people that blind me with irresponsibly bright HID conversions. Just saying.
                      Wait... like, on purpose?

Comment

Working...
                      X