Got a Droid? Apps and Tips thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a Droid? Apps and Tips thread

This thread is not just for the moto droid, rather for ALL droid phones.

List some cool tips that you've come across and some of your favorite apps.
    Did you just find a new cool app, great! post about it

Please don't forget to post what phone that you're using.
    Last edited by pwrusr; 03-26-2010, 11:21 AM.
    ~~~~~~~

I have the moto Droid

Some of my fav apps so far
    "Launcher+": Lightwaight app that allows you to have up to 7 home screens instead of the standard 3.

"Pandora": just like the website www.pandora.com allows you to listen to your favorite music. With pandora's app you just sign in and continue listening to your favorite music.

"StreamFurious": allows you to listen to your favorite internet radio stations.

"TaskPanel Lite": You can kill/switch between background tasks, AUTOKILL a task when screen goes off.
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

does the HTC G1 count? it's a droid

Google Maps - which is also my Nav. the newest update allows u to view maps and calculate distance.
      Places Directory - you search a place and it shows u the nearest location
      Astro - Manages Files Apps and tasks, zip, image file viewer,tool icons back up /restore apps
      Color Flashlight - Flashlight that you can customize effects.
      Handcent SMS - Customizes your wallpaper ringtones pop up bubbles
      IM - Instant Messenger AIM,MSN,YAHOO. (my msn doesn't work anymore)
      Shazam - identify music tracks store and buy them u can even link it to youtube and listen to it on there
      Weather - Multiple save locations. all over the world up to the minute. weekly daily hourly.
      Youtube - do i really need to explain this one?
      Last edited by tommi; 03-26-2010, 03:26 PM.
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155640

i got a moto droid too with alot of apps i'll post in a little

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

So far:

-Photobucket
          -Facebook
          -USAA
          -Taskiller
          -NotePad

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
            does the HTC G1 count? it's a droid

Google Maps - which is also my Nav. the newest update allows u to view maps and calculate distance.
            Places Directory - you search a place and it shows u the nearest location
            Astro - Manages Files Apps and tasks, zip, image file viewer,tool icons back up /restore apps
            Color Flashlight - Flashlight that you can customize effects.
            Handcent SMS - Customizes your wallpaper ringtones pop up bubbles
            IM - Instant Messenger AIM,MSN,YAHOO. (my msn doesn't work anymore)
            Shazam - identify music tracks store and buy them u can even link it to youtube and listen to it on there
            Weather - Multiple save locations. all over the world up to the minute. weekly daily hourly.
            Youtube - do i really need to explain this one?
            Yep, the G1 counts!

Is "IM" created by meebo?
            Didn't know about palces. looks like a great app after messing with it a bit.

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155640

i got a moto droid too with alot of apps i'll post in a little
            Dangit man, I forgot to search before opening the new thread

I also found a great app to use the droid's "flash" as a flash light. the app is called "DroidLight" created by Motorola.
            Last edited by pwrusr; 03-27-2010, 01:38 AM.
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

I'm still saving for my moto droid, but my friend has an app on his droid (not moto but idk what it is) that uses his phone as a metal detector. It can find the metal rods in my spine!
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
                I'm still saving for my moto droid, but my friend has an app on his droid (not moto but idk what it is) that uses his phone as a metal detector. It can find the metal rods in my spine!
                if u want one lmk..i'm in va =]

the droid is too much for me..i love it but idk if i'm gonna be keeping it...i feel like the person that would take a nice ass droid and break it

and yeah it's cool we can use this thread or the other one it don't matter..i'll have to make a list of my applications..i got most of the ones listed though

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

w00t engadget finally released their droid app!
                  http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/25/t...y-really-here/
                  ~~~~~~~

Comment

the only apps i use on my droid is USA today and weather, i also have an app killer.

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
                      if u want one lmk..i'm in va =]

the droid is too much for me..i love it but idk if i'm gonna be keeping it...i feel like the person that would take a nice ass droid and break it

and yeah it's cool we can use this thread or the other one it don't matter..i'll have to make a list of my applications..i got most of the ones listed though
                      Would you be interested in a trade for a Voyager? Qwerty Keyboard and touch screen. Flips open long ways. Silver. Minimal scrathes, always had screen covers on it.
                      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                      Disregard females, acquire currency
                      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

just got a samsung moment tryin to get familiar with the droidness, hopefully i can find some useful apps, and i f@ckin love pandora

Comment

Originally posted by sohc em View Post
                          just got a samsung moment tryin to get familiar with the droidness, hopefully i can find some useful apps, and i f@ckin love pandora
                          if you like pandora, check out "StreamFurious". you can stream most of the stations on www.shoutcast.com

chances are good if you're looking for a app to do a specific function you'll find a app for it
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

Looking to move from Palm to the HTC Hero with Android.

Apparently the Hero will be available with Android 2.1 soon.........has anyone been using 2.1?

What do you think?

Better than before? What are the major improvements? yada yada yada
                            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
                              Looking to move from Palm to the HTC Hero with Android.

Apparently the Hero will be available with Android 2.1 soon.........has anyone been using 2.1?

What do you think?

Better than before? What are the major improvements? yada yada yada
                              I JUST got the OTA update to 2.1!
                              checked out the photo gal, looks neat.

some other stock apps that weren't there are a nice.
                              *seems* snappier, but then again it just went through a reboot. IMHO that doesn't mean much since I had a uptime of well over 700 hours infact I think I was at about 800 hours when the update came though. it was always pretty snappy thanks to "task panel lite".

the bad news is there's still only 3 home screens by default. not a issue since I've been using launcher+ beta for a while now to increase my home screen number to up to 7 screens. though before the update I was only using a total of 5.
                              Last edited by pwrusr; 04-03-2010, 11:10 AM.
                              ~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X