48 hour film contest entry: The Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

48 hour film contest entry: The Date

last weekend, i worked with a new team to enter a 48 hour film contest. we had from friday night at 7:00pm to sunday night at 7:00 pm to write, shoot, edit, and deliver a film. at the kickoff, we were given a set of requirements and inspiration for the film:
    1. the theme was "Reasons to not call 911"
    2. we had to use that day's newspaper in three different ways, and show the date closely and in focus
    3. a character or prop had to make a "figure-8" twice, and one character had to say "Eight!" emphatically.
    here's the final product:

my role was Director of Photography, essentially in charge of everything to do with how the image on screen looks. we finished editing and exporting the film five minutes before the deadline, and were still downtown and had to get it to the dropoff time more than 2 miles away. needless to say, stoplights and speed limits were almost completely ignored for a few minutes, but we got it turned in with less than a minute to go!

we ran into some audio issues, so it's not exactly where we want it. the plan is to release a 7-10 minute "director's cut" that is fully polished sometime soon.
    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 04-23-2013, 05:00 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

thats pretty good. i thought it was clever how you slipped all those requirements into the film
    visit vgruk

Comment

Working...
    X