Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ball joints problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used those cheap ebay parts for my upper ball joints. After a year and a half, the boots were already rotted away. Had I waited another 6 months, I'd be looking at failed ball joints. I'd also probably be looking at the wrong end of a semi for the last .5 seconds of my life.

Comment

19TcappaLX

thanks guys i'm going to get all Honda parts.not playing around with cheap stuff.

Comment

Well I guarantee those ebay new parts are 1000x safer than your 18 year old honda parts on your car now!

These aren't cheaper because they are lower quality, these are cheaper because it is cheaper to manufacture aftermarket parts in smaller quantities than even just a few years ago. Back in the day all the parts for cars were made at the same time and stored in big warehouses until they were needed. That is how most manufactures work. You are paying for a part that has been sitting on a shelf for 18 years and that costs a lot of money. The ebay companies are selling new parts that are small batch produced from the designs that they get from Honda.

The kits are cheaper because they have everything packaged all together so you save on shipping and packaging, you are saving on time in having to order 10 or so different parts. They are doing DIYers like us a huge favor. I have mainly used these parts for larger truck parts (control arms, ball joints, tie rods, springs, shocks) and have had great results.

I just don't want anyone to think that they are going to die or kill some kid cause they bought critical car parts from a retailer on ebay instead of the dealer. But if you race or drive your car like a crazy kid or a ricer than you better go better than OEM!
        AD5OS
        FOLDING@home

Comment

i bought wheel bearings from ebay along with drilled slotted rotors. then i got my ball joints from my old job (auto part warehouse), new bolts from Honda OEM and nearly 2 years later all is still good BUT I do not race my CB nor do I drive like a maniac.
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by AD5OS View Post
            These aren't cheaper because they are lower quality, !
            Yes they are... I put on two upper control arms at the same tie.. One honda .. One "Ebay" ....... "Ebay" one lasted 2 months before the rubber was dry rotted... Honda one is still good.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
              Yes they are... I put on two upper control arms at the same tie.. One honda .. One "Ebay" ....... "Ebay" one lasted 2 months before the rubber was dry rotted... Honda one is still good.
              I'm lowered, and running the TASpro upper control arms from TASauto.com. They come with an Ingalls ajdustable ball joint on each arm. Therefore, I am running aftermarket parts... but GOOD aftermarket parts!

The cheap ebay stuff is most certainly cheap. The joints may be fine, but the rubber is indeed what goes. When the rubber goes, the grease leaks out, and your joint dries. When the joint dries, it fails. Those cheap ebay parts ARE inferior. I'm saying this from firsthand experience as well as talking to others with the same parts. This is not anti-ebay snobbery, trust me. (as I'm about to install my ebay motherboard, getting hit in the feet with my ebay roomba, and hoping i win a much needed cell phone on ebay this afternoon...)

Comment

my joint went out after 6 months, rubber started going out after one auto-x and a couple months of sitting on the project car.

<-bought upper control arms as spares
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

rubber rotting out after 2 months? What retailer did you get that from? Did you go back and get a honda part to replace it? take some pictures?

All the ebay stuff I have gotten has had good rubber or it was Polyurethane stuff. I always try to get PolyU for any thing that was OEM rubber.

Sway bar links are usually the first rubber parts to go for me... I usually about 2x a year take a grease gun and coat anything rubber like ball joints, links.. anything rubber with a good glob of grease to keep the moisture in the rubber or vice versa. Got to use your hands and make sure it is 100% covered.
                  AD5OS
                  FOLDING@home

Comment

im also looking at new joints as well...
                    my inner tire on the drivers side is gone

so the ebay joints are junk....they look like a good deal to me????

Comment

I wish I could tell you that you are getting what you are paying for with auto parts but it is basically charge as much as you can get away with at auto parts stores... they get the same stuff as the ebayers but they have a huge overhead with shipping and storage... the ebay system is just almost as good as getting stuff drop shipped from the manufacturers. Keeps things cheap
                      AD5OS
                      FOLDING@home

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                        im also looking at new joints as well...
                        my inner tire on the drivers side is gone

so the ebay joints are junk....they look like a good deal to me????
                        moog or Honda... Nothing else for me.

Comment

19TcappaLX

thank guys u been very helpfull.got to ride safe.not a racer but like to go fast some times.

Comment

lmao got a little off topic there didn't we....

Comment

Working...
                            X