No announcement yet.

when will my rear end kick out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just go to an autocross and drive the car's balls off. You'll find its limit.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
      Just go to an autocross and drive the car's balls off. You'll find its limit.
      i dont want to auto X. seems boring to me. i want to race on a track. like road corse
      visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
        i dont want to auto X. seems boring to me. i want to race on a track. like road corse
        It's not boring at all! It takes probably more driver skill than road racing. The tracks are so tight that you learn very fine car control. In road racing, the CB7 would be slaughtered. It just isn't that stable at high speed and has a bad power to weight ratio compared to other FWD cars.

Either way, take the car to the track and figure out the limits, its the fastest, safest, and most beneficial way.
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
          It's not boring at all! It takes probably more driver skill than road racing. The tracks are so tight that you learn very fine car control. In road racing, the CB7 would be slaughtered. It just isn't that stable at high speed and has a bad power to weight ratio compared to other FWD cars.

Either way, take the car to the track and figure out the limits, its the fastest, safest, and most beneficial way.
          im talking about stuff like this

this is the best thing since sliced bread to me. I love race tracks. This guy is running a N/A H22. I will be running a 300WHP F22 so im sure i will be a bit faster.

Im not really looking to race. just a fun track/street car for the test and tunes
          visit vgruk

Comment

Autox would be by far the easiest to get into and get a fell for doing so.

Road racing has alot of rules an such, at 300whp you'll be in a group i don't see a dd contending in so well.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

300whp in autox would be pretty rough as well.
              Autox = driving slow cars fast
              Road racing = $$$

Best thing to do, Ryan, is do some research on your local tracks, as well as the frequency and rules of local autox events. Read up on the rules, the costs, the frequency of open race days, and the various classes you'll be competing in (if you're actually competing.)
              Road racing, while lots of fun, is very expensive. It's pricey just to get out there. You often also have to have a degree of safety equipment installed (a roll cage is required by pretty much every sanctioning body, if you want to compete.) You'll burn through tires, especially with a fairly heavy Accord. Brake pads too.
              Autox is considerably cheaper, and often more accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                Autox would be by far the easiest to get into and get a fell for doing so.

Road racing has alot of rules an such, at 300whp you'll be in a group i don't see a dd contending in so well.
                just auto X seems to boring to me. like i said im not just looking to race. i just want to rip around the local track at the test n tunes and have fun. maybe the occasional drag strip race. my car when it is done is not going to be a DD. sure i will take it to work or cruise around town in it every now and then. I want it to be a fun to drive and fairly fast car.
                visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  300whp in autox would be pretty rough as well.
                  Autox = driving slow cars fast
                  Road racing = $$$

Best thing to do, Ryan, is do some research on your local tracks, as well as the frequency and rules of local autox events. Read up on the rules, the costs, the frequency of open race days, and the various classes you'll be competing in (if you're actually competing.)
                  Road racing, while lots of fun, is very expensive. It's pricey just to get out there. You often also have to have a degree of safety equipment installed (a roll cage is required by pretty much every sanctioning body, if you want to compete.) You'll burn through tires, especially with a fairly heavy Accord. Brake pads too.
                  Autox is considerably cheaper, and often more accessible.
                  the big thing i dont like about auto x is the face is there is really no going fast. its in a parking lot with a bunch of cones.

to keep it simple i wanna go fast in my CB and take cornors in it. i want to top it out on the straights and downshift going into the curves. no dragstrip or auto x is going to offer that

i looking into the local track. its $150 for a whole day of track racing at the test n tune. only thing you need done on your car is it cant have any leaks and you need to wear a helmet.

im starting to think in reality im never going to get what i want. now im starting to second guess dropping 12k into my car
                  visit vgruk

Comment

Helmets will be required anywhere... drag strips and autox as well.

$150 for a full day isn't obscene. See if you can attend one of those days as a spectator, so you can see how much actual track time you can get. There's going to be a good deal of waiting around.
                    If you get a good amount of time on the track, you could end up burning through a set of tires in just one day (perhaps more than one set), as well as the brake pads. You're not going to be running on cheapie all-season tires and budget pads, either. A track day could easily cost you $1000.

Research all the angles, and decide if it's right for you. A $12,000 investment might not be worth it if you're too broke to enjoy it afterward!

I think that's why everyone is pushing for autox. Even though you can't get to high speed while ripping through cones in a parking lot, you'll still be able to experience your car's ability to accelerate and handle. Perhaps even better than on a road course. Additionally, you could do so for about $40, without completely destroying your brakes and tires.

Comment

Helmets will be required anywhere... drag strips and autox as well.

$150 for a full day isn't obscene. See if you can attend one of those days as a spectator, so you can see how much actual track time you can get. There's going to be a good deal of waiting around.
                      If you get a good amount of time on the track, you could end up burning through a set of tires in just one day (perhaps more than one set), as well as the brake pads. You're not going to be running on cheapie all-season tires and budget pads, either. A track day could easily cost you $1000.

Research all the angles, and decide if it's right for you. A $12,000 investment might not be worth it if you're too broke to enjoy it afterward!

I think that's why everyone is pushing for autox. Even though you can't get to high speed while ripping through cones in a parking lot, you'll still be able to experience your car's ability to accelerate and handle. Perhaps even better than on a road course. Additionally, you could do so for about $40, without completely destroying your brakes and tires.
                      i suppose auto x would be something i would have to try for myself to really get an opnion on.

would a turbo application do good for auto x?
                      visit vgruk

Comment

It could, depending on how it was put together. Something small that spools quickly would be more effective than something that gives a massive power burst at higher RPM. It'd be a great way to lose control of your car if the onset of boost was drastic.
                        A turbo would likely put you in an autox class that you'd have a hard time competing in, though. You'd probably be more competitive with fewer engine mods and more suspension mods. Again, it'd be cheaper to get into, for sure.

Comment

It could, depending on how it was put together. Something small that spools quickly would be more effective than something that gives a massive power burst at higher RPM. It'd be a great way to lose control of your car if the onset of boost was drastic.
                          A turbo would likely put you in an autox class that you'd have a hard time competing in, though. You'd probably be more competitive with fewer engine mods and more suspension mods. Again, it'd be cheaper to get into, for sure.
                          im not looking for a "powerburst" i want something that is turbo where the power is pretty much there all the time. so i guess a small turbo might be best

is there anything out there that give me what i want? im thinking maybe one full track day a month cant cost that much. I really want something to justify throwing money in my CB. i dont just want to build it and have it sit in the garage all the time.

why do people turbo their cars other than for the drag strip? im just lost in what i want to do.

perhaps i should create another thread on this matter?
                          visit vgruk

Comment

Meh, another thread won't be terribly useful until you have a better idea.

A small turbo would very possibly nuke your engine. If you want full time power with a reliable curve, look into a supercharger setup. It'll require more "outside the box" thinking to make it work, though.

People usually turbo their cars because they just want a "fast car". Power is fun on the street, to some extent. Though I've learned with my CTS-V that once you reach a certain level of power, it becomes pretty much unusable on public roads. It's like "WEEEee...speedlimit". To really enjoy a lot of power, you need to break the law... or take it to a track (which, as you're reading here, is expensive.) Also, the more power you make, the more likely things will break. The more power you make, the faster you'll go... which means the faster you'll wear out your brakes and tires. Also, the faster you go, the more likely you are to do major damage if you lose control.

Honestly, I'd focus on suspension and tires. Do some autox while your car is slow, to get the hang of some racing techniques. Autox prepares you for road racing. Then take your car on the road course while it's slow. Learn how it works.

Trust me. I own a 430hp CTS-V and a 117hp Fit. It is more fun driving my slow car fast than it is driving my fast car at 2/3 of its capabilities. If you can't reach the limits of your car in stock form, then you have no need to upgrade it.

Comment

Meh, another thread won't be terribly useful until you have a better idea.

A small turbo would very possibly nuke your engine. If you want full time power with a reliable curve, look into a supercharger setup. It'll require more "outside the box" thinking to make it work, though.

People usually turbo their cars because they just want a "fast car". Power is fun on the street, to some extent. Though I've learned with my CTS-V that once you reach a certain level of power, it becomes pretty much unusable on public roads. It's like "WEEEee...speedlimit". To really enjoy a lot of power, you need to break the law... or take it to a track (which, as you're reading here, is expensive.) Also, the more power you make, the more likely things will break. The more power you make, the faster you'll go... which means the faster you'll wear out your brakes and tires. Also, the faster you go, the more likely you are to do major damage if you lose control.

Honestly, I'd focus on suspension and tires. Do some autox while your car is slow, to get the hang of some racing techniques. Autox prepares you for road racing. Then take your car on the road course while it's slow. Learn how it works.

Trust me. I own a 430hp CTS-V and a 117hp Fit. It is more fun driving my slow car fast than it is driving my fast car at 2/3 of its capabilities. If you can't reach the limits of your car in stock form, then you have no need to upgrade it.
                              if my research is correct 250 to 300 whp is not all that powerful and is quite reliable. in the end it should give me what i want. at this point in time im thinking "fuck it" im just going to build it and see what comes after

i still need to do a little more research though
                              visit vgruk

Comment

You're missing my point. Hopefully you'll get it before you drop too much money into the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X