KW3gLuderInaCB7 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KW3gLuderInaCB7 : 1993 Accord EX

I recently bought a 2nd CB7 off a fellow member in my town, She used to be a bit overdone with the import-tuner look and i did a bit of "de-ricing" lol. I took off the shopping cart wing and the excessive stickers and removed the yellow vinyl effects but left the black on and it looks alot better. I bought it to replace my black 1990 LX coupe with 315K miles on its original motor & failing tranny with 2nd & 3rd gear mostly gone. The 93's tranny and clutch shifts like butter and the Motegi 17's, sunroof & 4-wheel disc brakes were the icing on the cake so i had to buy her... Unfortunately 5 days after i bought her the F22A6 lost one of her cylinders out of nowhere. I did a compression test on the dead #2 cyl and was heartbroken to see about 10psi, so she sat for the past 2 months although she still ran on 3 and ive been back to driving ol' black reliable (although 2nd gear is now non-existent on the '90, the motor still runs amazing for having 315K). Im sure the problem is just a burnt, broken or failing to close exhaust valve but instead of fixing the F22a6 i decided to do what ive always wanted to do and go for an H-swap. I was going to save up for an H22A but my funds are somewhat limited. I found a JDM h23A non-vtec (yes, a non-vtec obd1 JDM H23A, not an H23A1 although it's the exact same thing, and not a VTEC H23A blue top. This particular engine came in the Honda Ascot Innova) locally for dirt cheap ($200) and i finally grabbed it the other day and my 93 is finally getting her new engine. The h23 swap will also be cheaper and easier in the sense that a p14 is cheaper than a p13 and I wont need a new header or have to run any VTEC wiring. And my A6 has the extra runners already and has an external coil dizzy. (all i need to buy still is a dizzy for the h23, my existing coil will work, and i need a p14)

1993 EX Coupe 193,000mi
    -JDM H23A non-vtec DOHC 80,000mi
    -original F22A6 Transmission
    -17" Motegi Racing wheels 245/45-17
    -Mugen front lip
    -4-wheel disc brakes w/ABS, drilled/slotted rotors
    -semi-cold air intake
    -Megan racing 4-2-1 stainless header/downpipe & 2.5" stainless catback exhaust

Last edited by KW3gLuderInaCB7; 12-01-2013, 02:36 PM. Reason: incorrect thread title format
    90 LX 5spd 2dr (2011-2014)
    93 EX 5spd 2dr (2013-2015)
    92 LX 5spd 2dr (2015-present)

mods, i accidentally didn't title this thread in the correct format. I edited the post and changed the title to the correct format but it is still incorrect in the Member's ride's thread listing. My apologies, please correct this without deletion if possible.

Comment

Good Start, I dont like the hood scoop but with some OEM Fogs in there and at least JL Grille (G-Square replica) will make the car look more aggressive.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod View Post
        Good Start, I dont like the hood scoop but with some OEM Fogs in there and at least JL Grille (G-Square replica) will make the car look more aggressive.
        Yeah I'm still unsure about the hood scoop myself, It came on the car... it's still a work in progress but to give you an idea of what i was dealing with here's what the car used to look like when the previous owner had it:
        He had the car for years and he eventually changed it up to an RSX wing on a 9293 sedan trunk (which he kept), put the new mugen lip on, etc before he ended up selling me the car, I wasnt a big fan of some of the styling choices but to each their own.

Comment

Looks like a work in progress, cant wait to see it transform bro!
          1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
          For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Working...
          X