Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

d4 light blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

d4 light blinks

Hi I have a 93 accord and my d4 light on my cluster has started blinking... I read up and saw shift solenoid might be the problem but I changed it with a new one and still gets d4 light .. Can it be anything else ?

Keep reading and searching and you will find how to check the codes and eventually find out it is actually your TCU that burned out. The longer you drive it in this condition the more damage you will do. Your car is in limp mode most likely and it will be wearing on only 2nd and 3rd gear's clutch packs.

Other symptoms might include but are not limited to:
    Shifter not wanting to shift from park position
    Slow acceleration from a stop
    High RPMs at 70mph
    Feels like it only has two gears
    Kicks in and out of overdrive
    there are a few more symptoms, search for "TCU codes" on the forum, if you can't get it to return a code then most likely the TCU is bad.
    Last edited by wildBill83; 11-16-2014, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply . I changed both lock up solenoid and shift solenoid because I read that it could be those but I also had a feeling it was the tcu.. It flashes after 50 mph

Comment

I was troubleshooting a high idle when warm today. I'm not sure why at the moment, but simply disconnecting the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor caused my D4 light to flash on a 92 EX coupe automatic.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

When you get a tcu , get em from the junkyard and grab 3 of them , they burn out a lot. If you pull em from a yard they're only a few bucks.

Comment

Pull the code, fix the problem, reset the computer. Stop guessing.

Comment

^ what fleetw00d said.

Comment

Pull the code, fix the problem, reset the computer. Stop guessing.

The flashing D4 is indicative of a TCU error code. Until you pull the code, you don't know which of the 2 dozen things it could be indicating is causing the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by emosun View Post
                  When you get a tcu , get em from the junkyard and grab 3 of them , they burn out a lot. If you pull em from a yard they're only a few bucks.
                  For the price of 3 junk tcu you could just buy a refurbished unit with updated electronic components that won't burn out. OP still hasn't pulled codes. You give out some odd advice emosun.

Comment

If i wanted to find out what code it throws out what do i need to have in order to initiate that test? I have the car manual with codes i believe. I just dont kno how to jump it in order to find what code it throws

Comment

Look at the top of this section. You will find the answer you need in the thread marked "READ HERE FIRST".

Comment

Working...
                      X