Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats a good "modern" replacement for a CB7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive also seen a LOT of Hyundai turbo 4s blowing blue smoke. Dunno if that’s owner neglect or shoddy craftsmanship, but I’m wary either way.

Comment

By the way, this conversation is a LOT more relevant if you can specify your budget.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Yes, fair point. I bought my current CB7 for $1800, 5 years ago. I had been eyeing the 03-04 Accords on craigslist recently. It seems like you can get a decent clean version for like 3500. So, 3-4K is probably my target.

1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan, 205K, DD once again

Comment

I picked up my 05 hybrid for $4300 with 106,000 miles and some cosmetic damage (cracked rear bumper cover, evidence of a minor passenger side front corner collision.) Mechanically it has been mostly trouble-free. It’s a decent daily, and the J30 is satisfyingly powerful, but it feels like a much larger car than a CB7.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I picked up my 05 hybrid for $4300 with 106,000 miles and some cosmetic damage (cracked rear bumper cover, evidence of a minor passenger side front corner collision.) Mechanically it has been mostly trouble-free. It’s a decent daily, and the J30 is satisfyingly powerful, but it feels like a much larger car than a CB7.
            For that generation, I liked the 06+ better. The suspension changes made it feel a lot more responsive and slightly smaller, but it did come at the price of ride quality and cabin noise. I did love our 2006 V6 though.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

For the V6 cars, the updated '06-'07 years have the massive benefit of having the revised automatic transmission, as well. The '03-'05 cars, as with nearly all V6 Hondas and Acuras of that time frame, have garbage automatic transmissions.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

2009 Subaru Legacy w/manual transmission.

Great little fun car.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

The TSX slots VERY nicely into the 3-4k category. Expect most of them to need a few things because...well, you know people.

A 3rd gen TL is also hitting that price point now.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                  X