Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
    If going aftermarket for a bigger TB you are sure in hell going to kill you gas milage...
    Kind of makes sense. Bigger throttle body means more air into the motor which in turns means more fuel as well. Therefore decreasing your mpg. Just my opinion.

Comment

^ if that was true intakes would kill ur gas milage. so its not true the guy who said that is a dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by MyDianaZ06 View Post
        Kind of makes sense. Bigger throttle body means more air into the motor which in turns means more fuel as well. Therefore decreasing your mpg. Just my opinion.
        This is only true if the engine was properly tuned to compliment the larger throttle body and the leaner condition that allowing more air into the engine via a larger throttle body would cause.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by porter351 View Post
          ^ if that was true intakes would kill ur gas milage. so its not true the guy who said that is a dumbass.
          Listen, I clearly stated "aftermarket throttle body" not "stock throttle body", aftermarket is bigger, which you will get more air velocity causing more fuel, I've experienced it and that is why I will never go back to large aftermarket throttle body again, If you don't believe me then try and you will experience it.

turbo90accord is also right.

Comment

i have a 68mm tb. didnt lose any gas milage. if ur theroy about "less airflow" giving better gas milage was true then driving with a clogged air filter would save u gas millage. maybe u had a small vaccum leak or something i could see that killing ur milage. or didnt calibrate ur tps senor right. but saying its cause of air flow is wrong.

Comment

Listen, I clearly stated "aftermarket throttle body" not "stock throttle body", aftermarket is bigger, which you will get more air velocity causing more fuel, I've experienced it and that is why I will never go back to large aftermarket throttle body again, If you don't believe me then try and you will experience it.

turbo90accord is also right.
              Funny, when I went from an F22A4 IM to an H23 IM/TB, my gas mileage went UP. I guess all the extra air flow just decided to turn around and walk out of the intake manifold.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                Funny, when I went from an F22A4 IM to an H23 IM/TB, my gas mileage went UP. I guess all the extra air flow just decided to turn around and walk out of the intake manifold.
                ha. funny the guy who is saying u lose gas milage is also the guy u quoted in ur sig. hes wrong about other car companies not using varible valve timing as well. in toyotas its called vvti, im pretty sure nissan uses it to. what a dumb-ass. to the op dont listen to pedroalcala he obviously has no idea what he is talking about. do the h23 im/tb like pirate said and ull be happy.

Comment

ok ive been reading, and i got a question

i went to the yard, and i took off a h23 plenum and tb together...

there was butterflies on the runners. do i need that, no rite cuz ill b using the a6 runners. a6 are 12in h23 runner is 12.5

am i doin it rite. ill b ok with the a6 runner with the plenum
                  **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                  Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                  Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by porter351 View Post
                    ha. funny the guy who is saying u lose gas milage is also the guy u quoted in ur sig. hes wrong about other car companies not using varible valve timing as well. in toyotas its called vvti, im pretty sure nissan uses it to. what a dumb-ass. to the op dont listen to pedroalcala he obviously has no idea what he is talking about. do the h23 im/tb like pirate said and ull be happy.
                    This is not honda-tech, I clearly stated on stock intake manifold with aftermarket TB, I certainly did not talk about and did even mention anything about filters, cleary your're thinking out of your ass of what I said.
                    I my self have an h23 IM with h22 TB, your fucking comparing an f22a with a big ass TB , please if you think that my theory is incorrect or my information said to the OP is "a dumbass response" go ahead and try it your self, I did this with stock IM and aftermarket TB....if you think your a "honda tech" and are agreeing with "foamypirate" then GTFO.

Comment

u could grad em and double stack them. there's a diy on here. adds some power
                      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                      The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                        ok ive been reading, and i got a question

i went to the yard, and i took off a h23 plenum and tb together...

there was butterflies on the runners. do i need that, no rite cuz ill b using the a6 runners. a6 are 12in h23 runner is 12.5

am i doin it rite. ill b ok with the a6 runner with the plenum
                        Just take off the a6 plenum and put the h23 plenum with stock h23 or h22 TB.

Comment

I said TB, not IM.

Comment

I said TB, not IM.
                            And I said H23 IM AND THROTTLE BODY. Learn to read.
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

And I said H23 IM AND THROTTLE BODY. Learn to read.
                              and I said "aftermarket THROTTLE BODY" guess you did read what I stated.

Comment

and I said "aftermarket THROTTLE BODY" guess you did read what I stated.
                                I did read. Aftermarket is a VERY vague term. I could, say, go purchase a PROPERLY sized ~64-68mm throttle body, and get gains. Or I could be a moron and purchase a huge ass 72mm throttle body, and lose a shit ton of low end torque and drop gas mileage. Your argument holds no water either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X