Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

It's my turn- **Project SOHC**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's my turn- **Project SOHC**

I have been planning this build since January. Inspiration for this build was from looking at Hondafan81's build and seeing what it is capable of. I would like to thank SMseagren83 and D112crzy, for the kick in the ass to motivate me to get this going finally.

DYNO SHEET ON PAGE 15!

Cylinder Head
    -F22A1 being ported by CrzyTuning, using stock for now
    -VJ, resurface, new bronze guides, new OEM valve seals all courtesy of Wed3k
    -Camshaft custom level 2.x regrind from Bisimoto/received
    -Bisimoto Pro valve springsreceived
    -ARP head studs installed
    -OEM head gasketcurrently using ebay, OEM will be used with ported head

Intake system
    -H23 IM ported by CrzyTuning
    -68mm H23 tb with matched plenum(by maxbore.com) <--installed
    -3" intake <--Ordered
    -Bisi IM gasket purchased
    -EGR block off plate purchased <-- installed

Bottom End
    -JDM DOHC F22B block <--Done
    -85.5mm bore/hone by Auburn Auto Machine <--Done
    -Wiseco 85.5mm, 11:1 cr pistons <--Done
    -CP Piston rings <--Done
    -Bisimoto H-beam forged rods <-- Done
    -b/s belt delete <-- Done
    -ACL main bearings/thrust washers <-- Done
    -OEM rod bearings <-- Done
    -F22a crank <--Done
    -F22a crank pulley <-- Done
    -misc gaskets/seals <-- Done
    -blue printed and assembled by Jose @ CrzyTuning <-- Done

(As posted Bottom end built and in)

Tuning
    -Crome Pro <-- done/used
    -P06 chipped by CrzyTuning <--Already had running
    -street and dyno tune by CrzyTuning <-- Retuned by D112

Exhaust System
    -3" mandrel bent exhaust <--Have/Not installed
    -3" resonators(unsure of length atm)
    -WS2 muffler <--Currently running WS2 full catback
    -DC Sports Header <--Have/Not installed
    -2.5" collector mod in process
    -3" Magnaflow cat <--not purchased

Drivetrain
    -JDM M2A4 transmission, non LSD <--already using
    -OEM axles <--installed
    -Bisimoto 8.9lbs flywheel <--already installed
    -Prelude OEM replacement clutch for now
    -Honda MTF

Now onto the pictures This is what I have so far. I have more parts sitting at d112crzy's house as he's putting the motor together for me.

Wiseco 11:1 pistons

pistons/wrist pins/pin locks/rings and Bisi IM gasket

F22B engine block bored and honed by Auburn Auto Machine in Auburn, WA.

beautiful crosshatch

Honda Rod bearings, sized for perfect(secret) oil clearances

H23 tb and plenum bored by maxbore.com

don't mind the red circle, I used the picture in another thread

That's it for now. Will post more once I get some more pics from Jose. I am shooting for 200whp (maybe more). Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Father Time; 04-21-2010, 11:13 PM.
    3 CB's gone....
    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

subscribed
    even though ill be there lol

im glad your finnaly going through with it alex

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
      subscribed
      even though ill be there lol

im glad your finnaly going through with it alex
      Seriously right! It's about damn time.

I have a feeling this thing will put out over 180whp on the stock cam.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

lol throw one of the 260's on it

Comment

im going to give you a VJ.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Awesome, yet another F build. I'm thinking we're all going to have to meet sometime when all are completed, would be excellent.

Anyhow, I have a few personal suggestions based on my research and experience, take it was you may. I know Jose will b**tch, cuz he is a woman and that is all he does.

Engine bearings:
            OEM would provide better a simpler sizing option. ACL are good, but you have to machine the bottom end to achieve the appropriate clearances. Measurements are key.

Camshaft:
            I suggest Bisimoto F22ax level 2.

Valvetrain:
            Keep it simple go with Bisimoto valve springs & retainers, it was made for the F22a head and go with OEM valve locks. KMS is not a direct fit, will require extra cost machining to make it work, not meant for F22a head (fact, people get mislead).

Clutch:
            Cheap out here and putting torque to ground will be sacrificed. I made mistake on red project in listening to others for a "good deal', clutch slipped after 40K miles (LSD Motorsports stage 1). Upgrade to Spec stage 2, Competition stage 2 or Bisimoto/Action 1MS, something equivalent. Go more than you need on clutches, ALWAYS. A lighter flywheel will create an environment prone to more wear on the clutches as well, you have to rev up more before engaging, no brainer when you think about it.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
              Seriously right! It's about damn time.

I have a feeling this thing will put out over 180whp on the stock cam.
              Are you guys experimenting with stock F22a cam first and upgrading later for comparison on same dyno? That'd be neat.

Specify or verify which F22a cam you use, they are not all same.

Also, call me to explain how to degree the camshaft. I take it this is the project in question. Very cool man, NA F builds is the new thing eh? Can't wait to start hearing "I got killed" stories by Accords with NA F motors, keep 'em sleepers.
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 07-27-2009, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
                lol throw one of the 260's on it
                Maybe.

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                im going to give you a VJ.
                That is rad! I can't wait either!

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                Awesome, yet another F build. I'm thinking we're all going to have to meet sometime when all are completed, would be excellent.

Anyhow, I have a few personal suggestions based on my research and experience, take it was you may. I know Jose will b**tch, cuz he is a woman and that is all he does.

Engine bearings:
                OEM would provide better a simpler sizing option. ACL are good, but you have to machine the bottom end to achieve the appropriate clearances. Measurements are key.
                Nice. I did not know this.

Camshaft:

Valvetrain:
                Keep it simple go with Bisimoto valve springs & retainers, it was made for the F22a head and go with OEM valve locks. KMS is not a direct fit, will require extra cost machining to make it work, not meant for F22a head (fact, people get mislead).

Clutch:
                Cheap out here and putting torque to ground will be sacrificed. I made mistake on red project in listening to others for a "good deal', clutch slipped after 40K miles (LSD Motorsports stage 1). Upgrade to Spec stage 2, Competition stage 2 or Bisimoto/Action 1MS, something equivalent. Go more than you need on clutches, ALWAYS. A lighter flywheel will create an environment prone to more wear on the clutches as well, you have to rev up more before engaging, no brainer when you think about it.
                As for the cam, I was thinking of the lvl 2 but it max's out at 6800RPM and I was more looking for one that max's out around 8k. I did email bisi and he did say he could make a "custom grind" for a little more than the lvl 2.

Valve train was something that Jose and I were debatiing on as we were thinking of either KMS or bisi but now hearing that KMS isn't really meant for the F22Ax head I will most likely go with bisi.

Clutch was something I was going to ask around on as I have only dealt with L.S.D. Motorsports and OEM. Thank you for shedding some light on this for me.

As for the cam question, the motor will be broken in/tuned with the stock head and then re-tuned with the modded head and cam.

You advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
                Last edited by Father Time; 07-27-2009, 06:16 PM.
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Comment

So why the maxbore tb and not the polarbear??

Joser don't use jbstick on the intake manifold..like someone we know..lols...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Engine bearings:

Camshaft:

Valvetrain:

Clutch:
                    I measured every journal and bore housing and have chosen the bearings needed. The std size ACL mains were perfect for the clearance I was aiming for with the main oil clearances. OEM rod bearings were used because I wanted different clearances than the mains. I took many measurements and made sure the crank was not out of round. FYI, acl bearings have the same quality as OEM, both 3 layer and made from same materials. They're just less expensive.

I believe Accordtyper91 is using the KMS valve train. I too had thought that people were having fitment issues with them so I asked if he had to do any modding and he said no. He assembled it himself. Hopefully he chimes in on this thread.

Are you guys experimenting with stock F22a cam first and upgrading later for comparison on same dyno? That'd be neat.

Specify or verify which F22a cam you use, they are not all same.

Also, call me to explain how to degree the camshaft. I take it this is the project in question. Very cool man, NA F builds is the new thing eh? Can't wait to start hearing "I got killed" stories by Accords with NA F motors, keep 'em sleepers.
                    As Alex said, we're breaking in the motor with the stock a1 head/cam/IM. The H23 im and a spare head will be done in 2-3 weeks because they need to be ported/cleaned/vj..etc.

I'm gonna call my dyno guy and see if we could get a deal for some before/after pulls.
                    Last edited by d112crzy; 07-27-2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post

Joser don't use jbstick on the intake manifold..like someone we know..lols...
                      The maxbore thing was done a long time ago. Before I knew about Chris.

And no...I'm no PR. I know better.

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                        I had maxbore do the TB and plenum about 1 year ago, when I still had the DOHC F22B.

Could someone enlighten me on who/what is polarbear?
                        3 CB's gone....
                        1 WK Overland....

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                          I measured every journal and bore housing and have chosen the bearings needed. The std size ACL mains were perfect for the clearance I was aiming for with the main oil clearances. OEM rod bearings were used because I wanted different clearances than the mains. I took many measurements and made sure the crank was not out of round. FYI, acl bearings have the same quality as OEM, both 3 layer and made from same materials. They're just less expensive.

I believe Accordtyper91 is using the KMS valve train. I too had thought that people were having fitment issues with them so I asked if he had to do any modding and he said no. He assembled it himself. Hopefully he chimes in on this thread.
                          As I mentioned, ACL are fine, just as long as they are properly prepared for the size. Cool, good work.

I know at time I researched KMS valvetrain, I believe it was intended for F22bx heads and it did not direct fit, I think needed a shim spacer and some machine work.

Comment

Fuck yeah man....N/A F22. good shit man...can't wait to see what numbers you are gunna put down!

good luck on the build, and don't let jose drink or anything until after the tuning! haha!

kick ass dood!
                            MadLab Racing
                            Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                              I had maxbore do the TB and plenum about 1 year ago, when I still had the DOHC F22B.

Could someone enlighten me on who/what is polarbear?
                              www.polarbeartuning.com. Chris Maletsky. Baddest motherfucker in SoCal.

Comment

Working...
                              X