Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car died in the middle of the highway :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car died in the middle of the highway :/

At this point I don't know what to do with the honda anymore :/
    I just had everything fixed, balljoints, axels, upper & lower plug seals and so much more about 500 in parts within the last 2 weeks and it's still not right. I can't think of anything I actually NEED at this point.

Today on my way home from work it died completely in the middle of the highway. I was going about 80 I lost all acceleration put the pedal the the floor made no difference at all, check engine light came on and it started shaking violently then just died. I don't even know what to do at this point!

It's a 93 honda accord lx
    Someone please help I'm out of ideas....

It would help if you read the CEL and told us what it was.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

when that happened to me, it was my ignitor
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Coil for me. With high mileage you're going to want to replace them.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Test both igniter and ignition coil. If you don't have access to a tester , take them both out and have a parts store test them for you. Also you may want to check on your main relay as they go out too.

Common symptoms:
          Igniter - Intermittent starting
          Coil - No start at all
          Main Relay - Fuel pump not priming , no start

Happened to me as well. Just be happy it's not in a middle of a busy intersection where you can piss-off impatient dumbass drivers.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Thanks guys! And what is CEL? Sorry I don't no to much about cars.

Comment

It was a crank sensor for me.

Find out what a CEL is here.
              MRT
              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
              Originally posted by Tippey764
              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
              Originally posted by deevergote
              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by jmays101509 View Post
                Thanks guys! And what is CEL? Sorry I don't no to much about cars.
                CEL is the check engine light
                92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

I have spare parts I did wat I could to start it. Even killed my batter in the process. All along it was my ground wire under the thermostat. It needed to b sanded again to make contact.
                  **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                  Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                  Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Im not trying to sound fucked up here, but did you even bother reading the rules? If you actually read them (you know, the stickies that say read here first) you would know how to do some basic things like checking the codes from the CEL or Check Engine Light. We can give you a million+ reasons why your car died and it would be pointless, cause the answer is right there. Pull the code, fix whatever the code says to fix, and if you still need help fixing it, come back here with it and well help you out. That, or it might be even easier to use the search function of the website, because chances are, that code has already been covered by someone here before.

Comment

And to be honest, it is very shocking to me that you dont know much about cars, yet you had parts changed on it that most people wouldnt even bother to check on. At least you did good there

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                        I have spare parts I did wat I could to start it. Even killed my batter in the process. All along it was my ground wire under the thermostat. It needed to b sanded again to make contact.
                        Not trying to thread jack. But is there a ground wire under the Tstat because I never replaced that one?

My bet is the ignitor mine died when we did the last timing belt change. Car just died going about 30 MPH.

steve

Comment

^^ yes there is friend. Held in with 10mm bolt. I believe it's part of the wiring harness, not something u can just replace... at least I don't hink so.
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                          X