Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Donate for a soldier who lost everything in the storm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donate for a soldier who lost everything in the storm.

Hey guys, i don't ever ask anything of you guys but my buddy really needs some help.

Him and his wife lost their home and car to hurricane sandy.

He pretty much lost everything.

He served two tours in Iraq for us and now he needs our help.

A friend of ours setup an online donation service that makes it only a few clicks to donate.

Please please if you can donate anything, any bit helps.

If you prefer to send items as opposed to money that's fine to, pm me and well figure that out.

Thanks guys!

http://www.gofundme.com/1gaal0

there's a lot of people who lost everything in the storm...
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      there's a lot of people who lost everything in the storm...
      Are you fucking kidding me right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        Are you fucking kidding me right now?
        I don't know man... I feel for the families that were affected by the storm. I wish I had some spending cash to donate to fellow members, but the truth is I don't at the moment.

I think you misunderstand wed3k's point (I hope at least!). There was plenty of warning for the storm, and there's things like home-owner's insurance for a reason. I pay my taxes just like everyone else (again, I hope!), and the government (presumably...) knows better how to divvy this up and help everyone in need than I do. FEMA and the like exist for a reason as well. If you don't like how the government is handling situations like these, the best thing you can do is get off your ass and vote tomorrow.

Comment

Wes always stirs the pot. And chances are, he sent some money. He was the first to complain when this site was about to charge for membership (under the previous owner), and when the option to donate to help with the hosting costs came up instead, he was one of the first to send money.

Anyway, I agree... lots of people lost everything. Lots of people have served overseas to protect our freedom (or whatever you want to call it... whatever it is, they were doing it so the rest of us didn't have to!) Yes, other veterans probably lost everything in this storm as well. Yes, there are organizations in place to help everyone.
          However, this is ONE man. At the request of one of our own. We can all say "someone else will help", while this guy and his wife sit there saying "I wish someone would help!"
          Send $20. Send $5. Send $2. Whatever. If 100 of us send $2, that's $200 to help towards rebuilding. Not much, but something. Something that they didn't have before. Who can't afford $2?

Comment

i donate to this site because it provides entertainment value.

donating to that guy's family doesn't provide shit to me...other than feeling warm and fuzzy inside which i usually get over in about 5 minutes. if i really wanted to help, id be over there doing some red cross shit but frankly, i have my own life to handle. sorry.
            I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Wes always stirs the pot. And chances are, he sent some money. He was the first to complain when this site was about to charge for membership (under the previous owner)
              that wont happen under you will it? that would suck
              visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
                that wont happen under you will it? that would suck
                you can already donate and get rainbow colored names
                I <3 G60.

Comment

i plan to be a foundation member when i get out of college and have money to burn. or maybe deev will let me send $25 a month? and still let me be some kind of special member
                  visit vgruk

Comment

As long as you have contributed to the members or site at some point or still do off and on that's a pretty good contribute in my book. Fancy names and colors are far less contributing IMO as knowledge and helping other's is what a site is for.

Either or i just see memberships lesser, but still helpful in a different way.

Carry on OP, Good luck.

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Wes what im having trouble figuring out is why you feel the need to come in here and stir shit up?

You don't have to vote, donate, or post in my fucking threads.

Yes, a fuck ton of people lost a lot of items including homes and cars just like my friend, but I can't help all of them.

That is what the Red Cross and Fema are for.

On the other hand, I can help my friend the best way I know how.

Donating either money, time, or items.

I have already donated by way of money and I was simply asking anyone who could here to do the same(if you don't have $, you can send the items to me and Ill make sure he gets them)

I just think it says a lot about a person when they have the gall to come in to a disaster donating thread and talk shit and make jokes.

Lost a lot of respect for you over this one bud, not that you give a shit im sure.

Actually a lot for this community.

170 views and barely any responses let alone donations(of any kind)

Again, it is voluntary I get that, but damn can't even get some sypmathy for my man?

It is what it is I suppose.

Thanks.
                      Last edited by Ralphie; 11-06-2012, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Best I can do is pray for him. It is a rough situation and it happened at a rough time for most of us.

I have slowed down on my spending on my car, but other factors in life have cost me more $$ than expected so I'm living hand to mouth at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                          Best I can do is pray for him. It is a rough situation and it happened at a rough time for most of us.

I have slowed down on my spending on my car, but other factors in life have cost me more $$ than expected so I'm living hand to mouth at the moment.
                          Def.

This couldn't have come at a worst time.

I haven't had power since monday the 29th.

My shit is still out.

It was 49* in my house this morning.

Life is fucking miserable, but it is A LOT worse for other people at the moment.

I still found $25 to donate to him.

Idk, I guess you put your money where your mouth is kind of thing.

Lot of people talk shit but when it comes down to it, there is always an excuse.

Comment

Im sorry for your friends loss. I thank all service men and women because I cant for medical reasons do what they do. I dont have any money at the moment and live paycheck to paycheck with a wife going to college for her masters in education. Im going for my BA in Psychology and cant even afford to pay for school anymore. I have more debt than I can handle. This happened at the worse time. I pray for those that lost everything, but I cant donate anything at the moment.

The best advice I can say is have your friend stay with you if possible. This is a rough time and this is when they need more support than money. Trust me. Many people that I know in Staten are saying that they dont care about the money, they feel that their friends havnt stepped up and they feel forgotten about.

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                            Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
                            Originally posted by bmxicansd
                            so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

I am sorry for your friends loss. The only thing i can do is pray for him and you (and everyone else up there) for provisions, electricity and a new place to live. I haven't had a job in 3 and a half years and my microwave broke and my fridge is trying to break down (as well as my car) I surely would donate him something if i could. I have been in plenty of situations that i wished someone would do the same for me but i really can't.
                              1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                              1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                              1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                              1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Working...
                              X