Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1994/1995 Honda Accord rear 4 to 5 lug swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1994/1995 Honda Accord rear 4 to 5 lug swap question

I'm almost finished with my 4 to 5 lug swap but I had a question, I've seen people say you can use either the Prelude 5 lug 97-01 or the Accord V6 98-02 rear hub assemblies. The problem is on honda-tech there are people claiming that the Prelude hubs are thicker so they don't seat properly on the 94-97 EX spindle. So my question is, what are the differences between the Prelude 5 lug and the V6 Accord 5 lug? Can I use either?

You want the '97-'01 rear hubs and the spindle nuts from the same car. I don't know where you've seen '98-'02 Accord hubs as being a viable option.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311392475906...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT have the same spindle diameter as a 94-97 and according to some people on honda-tech they fit better then Prelude hubs on factory Accord spindles

Comment

I second the rear prelude hub assembly . The inly issue is that when you try using the stock accord hub nut. It grips very low thread. Hince why prelude hub nut is required. Much nicer and tighter fit

StraightAs jamz720
        HTTPS://youtu.be/sJA1_TQ-WVY

Comment

I read somewhere on the forum that a Mazda Protégé spindle nut could be used also. I have Prelude rear hubs I just haven't decided what spindle nut I am going to use on my Accord.

Comment

I really don't like information like this. There have been five generations of cars sold here in the US as Mazda Proteges. I gave the range of vehicles you could find the requisite nut from.

Also, the BB6 Prelude nut works. The issue is that the amount of threads showing from the spindle shaft are not that many. As long as you have a nut that will catch all of the threads, you're fine. The issue with the stock CB nut is that it uses a separate washer below the nut. The height of that washer takes up valuable threads that cannot be grabbed. The Prelude nut is a flanged nut that has threads all the way down. So you get the wider surface area of the washer while retaining all of the threads.

The nut is significantly taller than the threads, so it does stick out a bit, but not much. The image below shows the nut snugged into placed and not torqued. It will be a pain to stake it, but it can be done. There's still a good turn and a half left on those threads.

My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              I really don't like information like this. There have been five generations of cars sold here in the US as Mazda Proteges. I gave the range of vehicles you could find the requisite nut from.

Also, the BB6 Prelude nut works.
              Thanks for the picture, I have decided to go with the 97 Prelude spindle nut and hopefully the op does as well.

Comment

would it be the same with 90-93 with the 5 lug conversion? same steps?

Comment

Yes. Go through the Suspension page of the DIY section and find a few of the guides there to read up on for clarification.
                  Last edited by Jarrett; 09-06-2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Have you figured out what you needed to use to make it all work?

Comment

Originally posted by dohcaccord97 View Post
                      Have you figured out what you needed to use to make it all work?
                      Yes, I did the rear 5 lug + swaybar + disc conversion and added dual piston brakes, larger rotors, and 5 lugs on the front. As well as steel brake lines all around. Now I'm fixing the rust issue on the rear quater panel that happened to the 5th gens and adding sound dampening to the interior, and changing from dark brown to black vinyl interior trim.

Comment

Working...
                      X