Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My CC1 Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother is stationed where you are! And I deff diggin the CB still looking good!!!!
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

daymm nice coupe!

Comment

According to MarcusV8, you can still buy the headlight washer nozzles from the dealer.

Also, sounds like your issue is the ignitor.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          According to MarcusV8, you can still buy the

Also, sounds like your issue is the ignitor.
          +1

Had the same problem.

You're coupe is sweet dude.

Comment

Thanks for the replies chaps. And the lovely comments!!

Will get some pictures of the Sedan up tonight.

So am I right in thinking a distributor will solve my problem?? Seems odd to me that the ignitor would cause the car to suddenly cut out as it does, but then I suppose it's the ECU dealing with the problem??

Tom.

Comment

Fitted the Dizzy from the F20, had to re-wire the plug but seems to have sorted the problem!!

So going to start pulling the motor out of the Coupe soon, ready for the swap.

The F22 is a lot more powerful, feels great to drive, very smooth power curve. Quite happily outpulled a Civic Jordan, so with any luck will be even better in the coupe shell!

Comment

Yea when my ignitor module died I had the same symptoms, it would just die and then restart like nothing is wrong after 30 mins. Glad you got it sorted.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Looks like I'll be attempting the F22 swap this coming weekend. Will take lots of pictures and keep you all updated.

Tom.

Comment

I hated those wheels.....but after the paint I love them.....

Comment

Good luck with the swap

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                      UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                      NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

So a quick update....

Pulled the motor out of the donor accord today, fitted shift linkages, clutch assy and brake pedal, shifter assy and a few other bits.

So, all that's left to do tomorrow -
                        *Figure out a way to adjust/move the tranny mount and do it.
                        *re-attach all the plumbing and refit radiator
                        *re-attach intake, exhaust and battery
                        *re-fill fluids
                        *re-wire the shifter plug, clutch switch and reverse light switch.
                        *re-fit suspension components and drive shafts

Could, and hopefully will, have a driveable Coupe again tomorrow, with a F22a3 and 5spd manual!

Exciting stuff. will sling up some photos soon

Tom.

Comment

Good work, lucky you didnt come across any stubborn nuts and bolts, that normally slows you down, out and in, in 2 days with these winter short days is impressive

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                          UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                          NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Nice ride

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
                              Good work, lucky you didnt come across any stubborn nuts and bolts, that normally slows you down, out and in, in 2 days with these winter short days is impressive
                              Yeh I must say, I was pretty surprised. The only tricky bit was the pedals to be honest (brake pedal spring), and the fact the donor had a 32mm Hub Nut one side and a 36mm the other :/

Thank you all for the nice comments!

Tom.

Comment

It's done! Running well, no issues so far

Complete swap done in less than 16 hours, on my driveway.

Feels very strange driving the car with a manual gearbox!

Will get some updated pics up soon, got some new wheels coming in the next few weeks too...

Comment

Working...
                                X