Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car misses and dies at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car misses and dies at idle

I tried searching but didn't find something that really matched my problem.

i have a 93 lx F22a1. when driving the car with engine warm and i come to a stop the rpms drop to about 300rpm and then dies. however it doesn't do it every time. i tried looking at it today. pulled the plugs and it looks brand new(replaced plugs, wires cap and rotor about 9,000 mi ago). i ran the car until warm then held the rpm's at 2000rpm and i could hear a popping/missing noise. i returned it to idle and it died again. started it back up repeated process and still heard missing but then when i returned it to idle it idled fine(around 650-700). i have no CEL. what bugs me is it only does it when the ambient air temp is hot. it did it on my way to work when it 80 degrees but not on my way home when it 60. any idea's? i hate problems that arn't constant.
    Click to see ride.↓↓

My car once dropped low enough to die at a light. It used to always miss at freeway speeds. I recently replaced the entire distributor and the thing runs like never before. It is said that the igniter unit in the dizzy is a common CB failure item. Try digging an igniter out of a junkyard car if you don't want to fork over the money for the whole dizzy.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I had the same problem I change the dizzy.. Now the car runs good although u should check the timing belt

Comment

I vote Igniter. You can get them for about $45 new, or around $100 for the best one. Just go to a JY and snatch one up, tha'd probly work. Ive replaced mine twice (two, used stock ones).

Comment

Working...
        X