Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Plowing snow with a CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plowing snow with a CB7

So I live in Alaska, winter is here... And I'm at stock ride height.
    I have a set of ebay coilover sleeves that I really want to put on my car, but the road conditions make me really skeptical.
    I don't plan on having these forever, so I'm not so concerned about the excess wear on my stock struts.

Anybody have experience with ebay sleeves on snow/ice?
    I am pretty used to driving in winter, I use good All-Season tires without studs and drive safely.

RIP my last two CB7s.
    New rides:
    '82 Volvo 245 drift project
    '87 Volvo 244 daily
    Born2DieApparel.com

Just leave it stock. Ebay is shit. Dont do it.
    visit vgruk

Comment

Avoid the headache. eBay or any cheap name brand coils are shit like stated above.

First hand experience (Megan coilover sleeves)

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

i leave my cars at home in snow/ice

just like i leave ebay coilovers with ebay
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

You can buy quality kits on eBay: there is nothing wrong with eBay. Quality kits are going to cost more than $50, however. If the deal seems too good to be true, it likely is. No-name kits on eBay are crap, as stated; stay away.

Comment

I agree with everyone else!! Mine came with a no name set and I hate them!! Be so glad when I can get new ones.

Comment

I had the cheap $50 coil overs on my car before the F&F coil overs. The cheap ones definitely gave the look I wanted, and were ok on the road. Very squeaky tho. That said, I do prefer the F&F setup much more, very very noticeable in the turns. But just driving down the road, no real difference.

Comment

coil sleeves?

OK just for looks

Comment

Originally posted by MySOHCgoesBWAH! View Post
                  OK just for looks
                  Nice to look at, not to drive on
                  visit vgruk

Comment

Its purely for looks. Though if that's all you want sure go ahead.

Though there is noticeable increase in under steer when I had purchased an eg hatch a few years back.

Excessive uneven tread wear and the sorts.

Not very comfortable at all, especially on shit for roads.

The smallest bump you would barely feel in a factory car would literally make your neck ache even at slow speeds.

I understand low and slow but if your neck aches going 20 mph your gonna have a bad time.

All in all it is your car.

If you plan on cutting springs and or wedge blocks into them. I strongly advise not to. That's just asking for a one way ticket to hell.

Cheers

Comment

Save that $50 bucks, than save another $50 bucks and so on till you can afford to do it right the 1st time. Don`t waste your time, effort and money on junk. You`ll just have to go back and do it over again in the long run...

There is good stuff on eBay, the cheap stuff on eBay is just that, CHEAP! You get what you pay for.

All of us that just said the cheap ebay coils suck, is because we all HAD them, and we ALL regret it. Mine was on for two days, wasted my time and $$.

Anything Worth Doin` Is Worth Doin` Right. Save Your Money Buddy.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchmyhandle View Post
                        I had the cheap $50 coil overs on my car before the F&F coil overs. The cheap ones definitely gave the look I wanted, and were ok on the road. Very squeaky tho. That said, I do prefer the F&F setup much more, very very noticeable in the turns. But just driving down the road, no real difference.
                        Also embarrassing too. Mine squeak so bad

Comment

Hmmm. Nothing I haven't heard before. But I guess I'll listen to you guys and see if I can just get rid of these sleeves on Craigslist.

When I get the new coilovers I don't want to spend a bunch.
                          Any recommended lowering springs? Or good quality coilovers that are $500 or less?

RIP my last two CB7s.
                          New rides:
                          '82 Volvo 245 drift project
                          '87 Volvo 244 daily
                          Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

function and form type ones. you wont regret it.

Originally posted by scudweiser
                            i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

Are the F&F's good on a wagon? Cause not many people have a wagon lol

Comment

Working...
                              X