Weight of an f22 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight of an f22 engine

What does an f22 engine weigh with all but the exhaust on it? I'm going to buy an engine stand for that purpose and need to get the right one without over-spending.
    ==========================
    1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
    1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
    Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
    Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
    Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

For what you're wanting to do, you can get the cheapest engine stand Harbor Freight sells. The engine is in the neighborhood of 400lbs when fully dressed. I think the one with four casters is a little nicer while not being much more expensive.

Either way, Harbor Freight for something like this all day long.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      For what you're wanting to do, you can get the cheapest engine stand Harbor Freight sells. The engine is in the neighborhood of 400lbs when fully dressed. I think the one with four casters is a little nicer while not being much more expensive.

Either way, Harbor Freight for something like this all day long.
      Yup. That's the plan. Just wasn't sure I could get the smallest one. Thanks.
      ==========================
      1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
      1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
      Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
      Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
      M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
      Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

those things are usually designed for small block chevys and the like, and there's not much lighter than an all-aluminum 4cyl. you're good with just about anything.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          those things are usually designed for small block chevys and the like, and there's not much lighter than an all-aluminum 4cyl. you're good with just about anything.

Yep, I have a 350, a 383, and a 2 bolt 400 sbc at home, all on harbor freight stands. They are tough.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
          X