Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22b sohc intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22b sohc intake

Hey guys whats up new to the cb7tuner page

Ok so i just recentley bought a cb7 with a f22b sohc non vtec out of a 97 accord. Was wondering ig anybody knew if theres any aftermarket intake manifolds or maybe another f series intake. I know i probably wont get any gains but what can i do lol

I know the F23A1 intake manifold is an upgraded for the Vtec F22B1. I can’t recall if it would fit on your F22B2, but it’s worth looking into.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I know the F23A1 intake manifold is an upgraded for the Vtec F22B1. I can’t recall if it would fit on your F22B2, but it’s worth looking into.
      I'm pretty sure it will, it has a slightly larger plenum but I don't think it will be anything like slapping a h23 intake on a f22a but it should help with power.
      You will have to figure out a way to mount your 2 wire iacv on the f23 intake if you do put one on as it comes with a 3 wire.
      I have seen a thread on some forum a number of years ago where somone did put a h23 intake on and it " worked " but the h23 intake ports are oval like the f22a and the f22b ports are round plus a water passage will be like half way cut off so it's not really " right " but it functioned and probably had power gains because of the big plenum and larger throttle body
      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Ok cool yea i have a lot of people telling me the same that f23 intake manifold would fit but it will be slighlty off but i appericate the info fellas but i think i might just go h series or just stay with the non vtec and boost it so many ideas just dont know which one to take on lol but thanks again guys

Comment

H series has the best reliability, boosting has the best power output but will not be as reliable unless you put in a decent amount of pocket change for forged internals.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Even done right, boost can be risky. Every part you touch increases the opportunity for something to go wrong. Boosting the right way requires changing out the engine’s internals, so you’re basically touching everything! Even very experienced people have blown engines shortly after a full build.
            My advice is always to regard any boost project as a toy that you can afford to break. If you need the car for daily transportation, stick with a safer option.

The H22A is great in a CB7. If you buy a good one from a reputable seller (like hmotorsonline.com) you should have stock reliability... assuming maintenance and installation are done correctly. Other engines are also popular, but my choice was (and would be again) the base JDM OBD1 H22A.

Comment

I would love to have an h22 in mine, I already do enjoy the stock motor in all honesty.

Comment

Working...
              X