harness bar length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harness bar length

dropping quite a bit of money into the car this month and was curious as to what length of harness bar our car takes, after some parts searching i keep seeing 48 inch and 51 inch. so which is it?

Originally posted by Firstoff View Post
    dropping quite a bit of money into the car this month and was curious as to what length of harness bar our car takes, after some parts searching i keep seeing 48 inch and 51 inch. so which is it?
    Okay, I'll bite - what the heck is a harness bar?
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

It's the bar that you mount behind the drivers seat to attach your racing harness to.

My suggestion is to just measure it and let us know what you find out.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        It's the bar that you mount behind the drivers seat to attach your racing harness to.

My suggestion is to just measure it and let us know what you find out.
        Makes sense now. I just don't have a 'racing' mindset when thinking about my Accords.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

No, you dont install harness directly to harness bar!

It is only for keeping harness right angle ie.

Installing harness directly on your bar can f*ck you up badly:
          WTS / WTB

Comment

As said above, the harness bar isn't for mounting the harnesses to. So make sure you don't do that.

Safety devices are designed to work alongside other specific safety devices. Not using one in accordance with the others can be more dangerous than if you just left it alone. My 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
            X