CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 09-18-2017, 12:36 AM   #1
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

wtfisafleek is cool... so far.
Going to the junkyard 9/18 - Best bang for your buck parts?

So I'm gonna get dirty tomorrow and I've got an idea of things I really need while I'm out there. I was wondering what recommendations you all might have as far as regardless of what I need, what are some of the best bang-for-your-buck parts I might have an eye out for? Keep in mind I'm not necessarily looking for performance. Just things that commonly need to be replaced.

I'm already looking for:
wheatherstripping
stock intake tube
hose clamps
rad brackets
wtfisafleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:50 AM   #2
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
Interior parts like door handles.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:09 AM   #3
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

Good call. What about things that might not readily be available via the aftermarket?
Old 09-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #4
SSMAccord
CB7tuner Member

SSMAccord seems to have made some friends! SSMAccord seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via Yahoo to SSMAccord
Clean and uncorroded zinc plated bolts. Sometimes its nice to replace rusty bolts with clean bolts. You can get these out of any Honda.
SSMAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:48 AM   #5
FeintMind
Newcomer

FeintMind is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisafleek View Post
Good call. What about things that might not readily be available via the aftermarket?
Best bang for buck part? Molded carpet. If it's in decent shape its definitely the best cost-to-resale ratio IMO.

Pick-N-Pull charges $14.99 for carpet, anything over 3ft.

Order a brand new molded carpet from an aftermarket company you're looking at around $200, and often times they don't fit perfectly anyway.

If its in good shape, take it. clean the hell out of it, and you should be able to easily (at least) triple your money
FeintMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:12 AM   #6
Corweena
CB7tuner Member

Corweena is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMAccord View Post
Clean and uncorroded zinc plated bolts. Sometimes its nice to replace rusty bolts with clean bolts. You can get these out of any Honda.
I had my transmission rebuilt recently, and the shop used all new OEM bolts on the casing.....its so damn nice to look at. I'd love to replace all the other crusty ones everywhere, but that would get expensive LOL.
Corweena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #7
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeintMind View Post
Best bang for buck part? Molded carpet. If it's in decent shape its definitely the best cost-to-resale ratio IMO.

Pick-N-Pull charges $14.99 for carpet, anything over 3ft.

Order a brand new molded carpet from an aftermarket company you're looking at around $200, and often times they don't fit perfectly anyway.

If its in good shape, take it. clean the hell out of it, and you should be able to easily (at least) triple your money
I'm not picking parts to sell though. I'm just looking to get my car back in original non-hacked state. As old as these cars are it's getting difficult to find a matching color carpet. Besides, even if I found one, that's another interior I'd have to gut to get at it. And my carpet is was just unacceptably dirty under the seats, so I just shampooed it in place. If I want it perfect I'll just buy a replacement.

I do need a driver's seat though. If I ran across a junker with a nice seat and the carpet was nice, I'd do it.

That said I did run across a pretty nice coupe yesterday and grabbed everything I needed sans weatherstripping (mine's a sedan).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: