CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 09-23-2017, 02:30 PM   #1
lsv844
Newcomer

lsv844 is cool... so far.
will p12 ecu start h22a?

Hi guys long time member who's account was deactivated (eightyfour84) for unknown reason.

Recently a car piqued my interest in the classifieds but the problem is the individual claims the ecu was stolen so the car can't be started. I have a p12 (I believe for non-vtec preludes) ecu on deck and I'm wondering if it will be sufficient to start the car? Car is a 6th gen coupe with a red top h22a and looks really clean for this rust belt area. I know it's not a cb7 but you guys know alot about this motors.

Please let me know.
lsv844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:09 PM   #2
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

GhostAccord seems to have made some friends! GhostAccord seems to have made some friends!
Need to know what version of OBD the two items are using.

If the P12 you have is the same OBD as the car wire harness, it should start the engine. won't run the greatest but it should fire up.

If they are different OBD's then it won't hook up. 92-95 OBD1 - 96+ OBD2.

by Chappy, on Flickr
GhostAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #3
lsv844
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostAccord View Post
Need to know what version of OBD the two items are using.

If the P12 you have is the same OBD as the car wire harness, it should start the engine. won't run the greatest but it should fire up.

If they are different OBD's then it won't hook up. 92-95 OBD1 - 96+ OBD2.
Thank you for the info.

Hopefully it's obd1 and hooks up. Don't feel comfortable buying it without hearing it run.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:10 AM   #4
CB7_Saloon
Newcomer

CB7_Saloon is cool... so far.
Yes, as previously stated, it'll work as long as its the same OBD, however, remember to consider a few things: tune- the tune of the P12 runs smaller injectors and is not chippable to my knowledge. Also, it doesn't have a knock board and since the H22A has a knock sensor, you're going to run into issues (DIY det can anyone?) since the engine will pull the timing crazy retarded. I'd just get a P28 if youre going cheap, but if you can find a P72 even better. If you dont plan on doing much, just source the appropriate ECU (P13/P2P).
CB7_Saloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:46 PM   #5
lsv844
Newcomer

turns out it was an f20b painted red and the ecu I had wouldn't plug in.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #6
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
It will run the engine, but I wouldn't drive it much, and definitely not over 3,000 rpm.

Also, accounts do not get deactivated. Either your account is currently active, or you were banned. I'll look into it later.

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:54 PM   #7
lsv844
Newcomer

don't know if you guys are missing my replies but yeah the engine wasn't a red top h22a. it turned out to be obd2 f20b with the valve cover painted red. I think I'm going to pass on it even though it's pretty cheap. kinda sketchy, one of the wires leading to where the ecu was had a jumper, oil was black and overfilled, and it wasn't really mint like the person claimed in the ad. I think the front end seem some damage too because the wheel to bumper gap on the front was different between the front two tires (had this problem myself when I hit a curb before, bent control arm I think but alignment guy worked some magic).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: