CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 09:50 PM   #81
Bcozzi71
Itazura makaroni

Bcozzi71 is very helpful Bcozzi71 is very helpful Bcozzi71 is very helpful
Send a message via AIM to Bcozzi71 Send a message via Yahoo to Bcozzi71
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote
If you want to make power for little money... hit up a junkyard, or www.car-part.com

F22A6 camshaft - $25 (92-93 Accord EX)

H23A1 intake manifold and throttle body (from a Prelude SI, 92-96 I believe) - $45
F22A6 IAB "black box" (to be able to activate the secondary runners, the intake air bypass, in the H23 manifold) - no price listed... probably $10 or so.

These things have been said over and over again... but I figured I'd make a post stressing just how simple things were!
i was told these things were done to my car anyway i can check
Old 10-29-2007, 09:59 PM   #82
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
What trim is your car? If it's an EX, then you already have the F22A6. If the H23 manifold was already done to it, you can tell by the larger plenum.

H22/H23 plenum (H22 manifold, but the plenum is the same as the H23)

F22A6 intake manifold

You really can't check for the camshaft. It wouldn't be worth the effort to figure it out!

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

Old 10-29-2007, 10:29 PM   #83
accordaffair
Contributing Member

accordaffair is cool... so far.
Send a message via ICQ to accordaffair Send a message via AIM to accordaffair
Get the PT6 ecu too

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
where you been, is something wrong?
i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 PM   #84
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Depending on what the car is, he may have it already. I can't tell if it has a sunroof or rear discs in the pic.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:42 PM   #85
accordaffair
Contributing Member

Yeah, if you've got the A6 already, just do the H23 upper plenum. Its not worth the effort to pull the lower part of the IM and they're pretty much the same anyway. Some of the people here claim the A6 lower is better than the H23 lower anyway. It take a little modding but it's been documented here, and a couple people here have done it that can answer questions. You'll have to cut your intake tubing a bit to accommodate the wider TB.

It's a nice mod, and since its still OE parts, the car runs near perfect. No idle trouble, no negative effects. It's improved stock.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:46 PM   #86
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

You can also get an S2000 throttle body on the H plenum

Old 10-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #87
accordaffair
Contributing Member

Hmmm, interesting. And its still drive by wire? But I wonder how much work would be needed to get it to work.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:49 PM   #88
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Only the AP2 is drive by wire, I believe.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:51 PM   #89
AccordXRacer
cb7tuner2000

AccordXRacer is cool... so far.
Very good info deev!
Old 10-30-2007, 01:20 AM   #90
b3nsonx
CB7tuner Member

b3nsonx is cool... so far.
Quote:
You can also get an S2000 throttle body on the H plenum
how much HP gains compared to using the h23 one?
how much does it cost? and is it alot more work than putting in the h23 one?
make a DIY!

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494
Old 10-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #91
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

I haven't done it yet myself. I'll probably get a Maxbore alteration of a stock one, since I have 2 H22 throttle bodies.

It's hard to say exactly how much HP you'll get, since it's dependant on many other things. With the increased airflow of the intake manifold, you'll benefit best from upgrading the header and exhaust (getting into the rest of the more expensive range there )

Put it this way... H23 intake manifold, F20C throttle body, Bisimoto Stage 2 camshaft, Bisimoto header, SMSP high-flow cat, 2.5" catback exhaust (2.33" that you get with the metric Japanese sizes would probably be OK... Apexi World Sport should suffice). With those mods, and a tuned P06, you'll PROBABLY surpass HondaFan81's "red" project... which is making close to H22 power.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #92
gloryaccordy
Contributing Member

gloryaccordy is cool... so far.
Best exhaust = straight pipe into a stock 2.5" muffler... just FYI...

But yea, the F22A has a lot of untapped potential locked in its head. Think of what you could do if you built the block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordoja View Post
im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral
Old 10-30-2007, 10:41 AM   #93
HondaFan81
Honda Enthusiast

HondaFan81 seems to have made some friends! HondaFan81 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote
I haven't done it yet myself. I'll probably get a Maxbore alteration of a stock one, since I have 2 H22 throttle bodies.

It's hard to say exactly how much HP you'll get, since it's dependant on many other things. With the increased airflow of the intake manifold, you'll benefit best from upgrading the header and exhaust (getting into the rest of the more expensive range there )

Put it this way... H23 intake manifold, F20C throttle body, Bisimoto Stage 2 camshaft, Bisimoto header, SMSP high-flow cat, 2.5" catback exhaust (2.33" that you get with the metric Japanese sizes would probably be OK... Apexi World Sport should suffice). With those mods, and a tuned P06, you'll PROBABLY surpass HondaFan81's "red" project... which is making close to H22 power.
Don't bother with S2000 TB, get a H23 and have www.maxbore.com bore it out 67-64mm. Also, no need for the SMSP high-flow cat, get a Catco or Carsound. This brings down the cost.

S2000 TB is not a good idea, harder to find and will be more expensive and probably cause fitment issues. The H23 TB has been done, there is already DIY out there for H23 intake manifold swaps, done deal.

The key to Deevergote's statement of surpassing my red project is the Bisimoto F22 stage 2 camshaft & header combo, I wish I had that on my red now but at the time I didn't know. His gear is catered to our F22s. Don't bother with Delta, you will get more bang for the buck I'm telling you.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #94
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

On yeah, for sure. Cisco is going to explore that with the "white" project soon enough! The reason you don't see him on here all that often is because he is ALWAYS working on that thing.

Building the bottom end properly gets fairly expensive. But yeah, couple a well-modified head with a strong, high compression bottom end... and you'll make some crazy power.

Even though I have an H22, I firmly believe that a beefed-up NA F22A could perform just as well. Cisco is shooting for 250whp in the "white" project, last I heard. He used a Mustang Dyno for the "red" project, which gives lower readings than most (his whp would be higher on a Dynojet) That means, if he uses the same dyno, and hits 250whp, he could be a bit higher based on the more common Dynojet claims. 2point6 ran 12.7 with about 250whp in his H22 CB7. If all goes according to plan, Cisco should have at least a 12.something second F22A on his hands. (I spoke to Bisi a while back, and he said that the race engine in his Insight would pull a 2600lb CB7 down the quarter in about 11.3)

Old 10-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #95
nho93accord
CB7tuner Member

nho93accord is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to nho93accord
that list was helpful thanks

Old 10-30-2007, 12:46 PM   #96
Kevin Chinnn
CB7tuner Member

Kevin Chinnn is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryaccordy
Best exhaust = straight pipe into a stock 2.5" muffler... just FYI...

But yea, the F22A has a lot of untapped potential locked in its head. Think of what you could do if you built the block.
Yeah, but wont that make your car loud as hell and very annoying???

Member's Ride
Old 10-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #97
Shadow1
MidAtlantic Regional Mod

Shadow1 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Chinnn
Yeah, but wont that make your car loud as hell and very annoying???

i think so. the cat and resintor quiet the noise of the exhaust down. thats why its best to keep them up there. if you want more power then be sure to get high-flow cat and resinator. to help with getting a highflow resinator, get an aftermarket cat-back exhaust. they come with resinators so you dont have to worry about getting one for yourself.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #98
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

A good, large muffler will keep it pretty quiet, and a free-flowing resonator will also do the same. I don't suggest EVER running without a cat unless it's at the track. The SMSP high-flow cat is a very good piece, and the price is reasonable.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #99
sandman61377
Contributing Member

sandman61377 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to sandman61377
Quote:
Originally Posted by owequitit
Hate to break it to you, but the F22B1 really has no VTEC changeover. Nothing like the DOHC engines that everyone associates with VTEC.
Dude, I was joking.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:19 PM   #100
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

We're trying to do our best to eliminate the myth that the F22B1 is better because it has VTEC... which, in fact, is what makes it worse than the F22A

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: