Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New headers and full catback...any difference ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New headers and full catback...any difference ?

Hey guys,

I bought new headers and a exhaust system for the CB. Mine was F**** up when the mexican dude cut my cat, and straight piped it, leaving it with exhaust leaks and rattles etc. I decided to go ahead and replace everything in the exhaust system. I bought headers, and a catback exhaust..aka fart can.

Im getting the fart can cut off in favor for a dual tip muffle, which has huge exhaust tips...compared to stock.

Will this help my car gain some power, my cars performance is REALLY bogged down, if i am on a highway, and i hit the pedal, my RPM goes up a little, and then falls....whats up with that ? and it feels like its drivin real hard.

Will this help fix my issue ?
    Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

Originally posted by Accord07 View Post
    Hey guys,

I bought new headers and a exhaust system for the CB. Mine was F**** up when the mexican dude cut my cat, and straight piped it, leaving it with exhaust leaks and rattles etc. I decided to go ahead and replace everything in the exhaust system. I bought headers, and a catback exhaust..aka fart can.

Im getting the fart can cut off in favor for a dual tip muffle, which has huge exhaust tips...compared to stock.

Will this help my car gain some power, my cars performance is REALLY bogged down, if i am on a highway, and i hit the pedal, my RPM goes up a little, and then falls....whats up with that ? and it feels like its drivin real hard.

Will this help fix my issue ?
    I think you have something wrong with your car...but more answers will come
    R.I.P Rex 10/10/97-08/06/09
    There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by flcb7 View Post
      I think you have something wrong with your car...but more answers will come
      hahaha....obviously lol

Comment

hahaha....obviously lol
        lol I meant other then the exhaust
        There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

Comment

hahaha....obviously lol
          i think he meant something more than the exhaust system lol maybe you need a tune up... plugs wires cap rotor and other misc. stuff

Ride List
          1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
          2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
          newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

all has been done...less than 2 years ago at 180k

Comment

i would at least check the plugs it's been two years
              Looking for a new cb7

Comment

Sounds like a blown clutch

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Replaced plugs less than 1k miles. NGK.

Comment

re

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                    Sounds like a blown clutch
                    car is AT. Car does have 213k on it btw.

Comment

It's not "headers", it's a header and a catback exhaust isn't the same thing as a fart can. All "catback" means is that it starts at the catalytic converter and goes all the way back to the outlet.
                      Yes, a header and an exhaust will help your performance, do you have an intake?

Underground.Society
                      Originally posted by Deevergote
                      If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

no intake...yeah i know its header, since it has a single exhaust...and is a 4 instead of a 6. Fartcan came with it, and i dont want that whole ricer look and that crappy sound, so im getting it cut off for a dual tip which looks and is better than the fartcan.

Comment

car is AT. Car does have 213k on it btw.
                          it might be your auto tranny then....are you geting a blinking d4 light??

Comment

Originally posted by flcb7 View Post
                            it might be your auto tranny then....are you geting a blinking d4 light??
                            nope. tranny seems fine. when you drive, the exhaust rattles, and is just pathetic, is extremely loud and has a exhaust leak. I am hoping this crap fixes all of it. i have no CEL or anything.

Comment

nope. tranny seems fine. when you drive, the exhaust rattles, and is just pathetic, is extremely loud and has a exhaust leak. I am hoping this crap fixes all of it. i have no CEL or anything.
                              Hey man, I kinda had an issue like yours on my auto. I knew you had an auto just by the way you were talking about it.

My issue(Kinda different) was that when I was on the highway I would put it to the floor and have little or no change in rpm. Come to find out, My throttle wasn't opening up all the way.

So pop your hood and check if your throttle opens up 100%.

Comment

Working...
                              X